High Tide Aquatics

I've got red bug as well, help needed!!!

Folks it's against the law to obtain a controlled substance with out a script and it's against the law to give a controlled substance to anyone if you are not a DVM (in this case) and the patient does not have a script. I suggest these threads be done via PM only as you are putting BAR at risk by posting that here, not to mention I suspect your breaking the UA by doing so.

There are ways of asking that do not involve using the word... like..

I have red bugs, can some one help (please PM me if so)

You can edit your first post, use the line I supplied for that :) I'll edit mine once you and Bennett do and bam, golden :)

On an old forum I'm on, the forum software automatically changes any posting of "woot" to "doodoobutter" (don't ask). I wonder if we can change any mention of Interceptor to "magic red bug destroying pixie dust in tablet form"

Gomer said:
On an old forum I'm on, the forum software automatically changes any posting of "woot" to "doodoobutter" (don't ask). I wonder if we can change any mention of Interceptor to "magic red bug destroying pixie dust in tablet form"

That is good idea Tony.

John RB is an easy one to treat, I cam sure someone will PM you, good luck.

*In case you don't get PM, start a thread as Tony suggeusted: 'looking for magic red bug destroying pixie dust in tablet form, PM me if you can share one' :)

Assuming a tablet can treat 380 gallons I cut up the tablet into 1/4's and plan on doing 3 treatments. So out of the 1/4 I cut it up 3 times and took a 1/3 and smashed it til it was a powder and mixed it with tank water. It's 6 hours right now and I still see the guys on acros. I've read that they can still hang on to the acros when they're dead but I still see a bunch of pods running around. My cleaner and peppermint are still alive too. Maybe I didn't dose enought? Should I leave it in the tank for awhile? Is it ok to do a WC and run carbon tomorrow?

Additional info: I removed, GFO, GAC, took off airline off protein skimmer and turned UV off.

tuberider said:
IME if your shrimp are still alive there's a good chance the RBs will come back, ODing a little will not harm your tank.

+1

I've wiped out RB's and had a scarlet cleaner and pistols survive... dunno how/why, but it happened, and no resurgence of the rb's later on.

Back