Cali Kid Corals

Jake Adams, recap

[quote author=Paradox link=topic=3544.msg40655#msg40655 date=1208221073]
[quote author=Gomer link=topic=3544.msg40653#msg40653 date=1208217650]
hmm..in a gyre tank, would a single koralia 1 be able to push enough water in a 3ft 40g?

Normally the auto answer would be no, but this is a low resistance case so no idea
[/quote]
I doubt it. Id go with the k4, but they are big.
[/quote].

well, my 40g was empty and I needed to clean it, so I filled it up and put in one koralia1. 1 didn't quite cut it, but i think 2 would. There were parts where water flow was fast, but just because of simple fluid dynamics, there were enough "dead" spots where 2 would really help elongate the water "slab"

[quote author=stubbsz link=topic=3544.msg40872#msg40872 date=1208467210]
Were devices such as Waveyseas discussed. I'm wondering if I should ditch mine. I guess I overrated, chaotic flow.
[/quote]

He said they were useless if you want to have your pumps work with each other and not fight each other. Im considering removing mine, but we'll see.

Very interesting talk. He bagged on the OM :D

I did actually notice better growth on 58g with a pair of mj900 opposite of each other on alternating cycles.

Well his big deal with the OM might apply to the wavvysea device, he said our ideas were to use "brute force" so something like an OM might be nice to blast a rock where detritus happens to build up or what not, so these devices might not be "bad" just not ideal.

That and he said the oscillation with an OM was too short, which I agree, and I would probably change if I could find that particular part in a slower speed, problem is I've only found them in faster speeds. Now if I was handy with some gearing ratios... perhaps another project.

Back