January BOD Minutes

Discussion in 'Club Financials & Minutes' started by patchin, Jan 12, 2009.

1. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

I've spent 6 hours this week on the phone listening to numbers being rattled off. I can't take anymore :(

2. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

Oh oh, this is a fun game! How about 6hrs continuous of crunching numbers? I can take more :D

3. seminolecpa

seminolecpa Past President

Go play with your "lasers"

4. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

can't. Need to crunch numbers that came from playing with numbers. Then I need to write it up.
    Go make me some money so that I can retire.

5. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Valentines day will probably affect swap numbers more than people realize as well. I mean look what BACFM did that was on Mother's day.

6. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Yup, but how much does the swap cost to get in and how much was Tyree charging for admission? Not to mention frag "swap" vs "frag flea market is a bit different to say the least. I don't doubt the date will screw some though as a few have all ready stated they can't attend due to that fact.

7. seminolecpa

seminolecpa Past President

I look at it this way. If valentines day was on a weekday, I wouldn't take the day off work, I would take my wife out to dinner somewhere nice and perhaps buy some flowers. Why should I get hosed because it falls on a weekend on top of my regular scheduled "little fish people" time (as she likes to call it)?

8. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Little Fish People I like it. I'm a LFP :p

9. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

My wife and I don't celebrate D-Day.

10. zambavi

zambavi Guest

LOL... My perspective exactly. I can still make her a nice breakfast and then leave at a reasonable hour for the swap. Then be back in time with a gift and a plan for the evening that she will enjoy. Heck... can even do a Bed and Breakfast or something that takes into Sunday.

I've always found that it helps if when I go do reef stuff I come back... take the kids and tell her to go spend some time with her friends or doing something she enjoys. By doing that she usually doesn't say a word when I tell her about the next thing I'm going to. She knows she's going to get some extra kid free time for it. ;)

11. sfsuphysics

[quote author=seminolecpa link=topic=5889.msg74599#msg74599 date=1231976907]
    I look at it this way. If valentines day was on a weekday, I wouldn't take the day off work, I would take my wife out to dinner somewhere nice and perhaps buy some flowers. Why should I get hosed because it falls on a weekend on top of my regular scheduled "little fish people" time (as she likes to call it)?
    [/quote]

That is a very well thought out, and VERY logical argument Bryan.... however we're talking about women here... :D

PS, Eileen, Joyce, Erin, Lyn and other women in the club, I apologize profusely for that insensitive misogynistic statement I just
    made :)

Actually I've gotten crap for this because the past 3 years I've always had to teach a lab at night or something on Valentines day, now here comes one that's finally available... Tahoe is making up for it this week though

12. alve

alve Guest

At first the Swap was a big NO when I told my wife. She said on our first Valentines day together I took her to Vegas for the weekend. Now I would go to the "fish meeting" instead of doing something with her.
    I told her I will take you to Vegas but "remember how crazy it was on Valentines weekend last time? Let's go another weekend so we will be able to enjoy it even more!"
    Now she is happy and I get to go to the Swap. It does cost me a weekend trip to Vegas ;D

13. zambavi

zambavi Guest

Aldie is a genius...

14. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

Alve, looks like a win-win situation for you!

15. sfsuphysics

I feel that way with Mother's day, I do something nice for her the week before or after, afterall I don't want to get roped into one of those $25 brunch scams restaurants run that are always packed like sardines

16. Lyn

Lyn Guest

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=5889.msg74607#msg74607 date=1231977564]
    [quote author=seminolecpa link=topic=5889.msg74599#msg74599 date=1231976907]
    [/quote]

That is a very well thought out, and VERY logical argument Bryan.... however we're talking about women here... :D

PS, Eileen, Joyce, Erin, Lyn and other women in the club, I apologize profusely for that insensitive misogynistic statement I just
    made :)

Actually I've gotten crap for this because the past 3 years I've always had to teach a lab at night or something on Valentines day, now here comes one that's finally available... Tahoe is making up for it this week though

[/quote]

It's OK mike (notice the lower case letters?). We misandristic women don't mind. LOL ;D

17. sfsuphysics

I hope this doesn't affect my ability to get cookies :D

18. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Just ones with sugar in them mike :p

19. Lyn

Lyn Guest

Muahaha... beware of those yummy looking pink-heart shaped biscuits of death...muahaha....

20. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

I was thinking road cookies (biscuits) :)