High Tide Aquatics

JC's Red Sea Reefer 350

Still waiting for my house to finish its remodel in about 3 months, but figured I'd get this tank journal started.

Still in the very early stages of planning..Tentative equipment below:

Red Sea Reefer 350
Crystal Reef Aquatics Triton Replacement Sump
Aquatic Life 48" T5/LED Hybrid with 1 Coral Plus, 2 Blue Plus and 1 AB Special and 3x Kessil 160s
2x Neptune Wavs mounted on the backwall
Reef Octopus Essence S-130
Tuze 3155 ATO
Kessil H80 for the fuge light
Sicce Syncra Silent 5.0 (1321 GPH) Return Pump
50lbs of Sand
50lbs of Live Rock

Tentative Stock List:
Small Yellow Tang (maybe)
Snowflake Eel (maybe)
yellow Wrasse
2x Mocha Clowns
1x Orange Spotted Goby
1x Cleaner Shrimp
....more TBD

Looking for feedback on gear / livestock choices since this is still early on in the process

Zebra moray eels are known to be very docile. Mine never went after any of its tank mates. They can’t see that well though so be careful when feeding. I used a feeding stick. Also keep a lid on it. They like to explore at night and don’t mind coming out of the tank.

Depends on the wrasses you want to keep.

Flashers and Fairies do not need sand. Halichoeres species do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If you are using sand, I would use less, enough for about 0.5 inches average. A lot easier to clean. There will naturally be some places where it is deeper for wrasse etc. 1.5 inches deep average is nearly impossible to keep clean.

Updated proposed stocking list...Everything below the line is being transferred from my Nuvo 20.

Splendid Dottyback
Small Yellow Tang
Small Blue Tang
Yellowtail Black Blenny
Multicolor Lubbock's Fairy Wrasse
1x Cleaner Shrimp

I definitely wish I had removed the small blue tang from my reefer 250 when I moved it. Now I’m trying to devise a plan to get it out.

Blue tang is prett big for a reefer 350. Yellow tang definitely fine

Back