Kessil

Jctse's Combined Journal 20L and 36 Bowfront

Hey BAR friends,

Coral Reefer (Mike) suggested a larger tank and a Journal... Can't do the larger tank at the moment so here's a Journal. I'm pretty new to the saltwater scene and everything I have is pretty basic. I do weekly 10% waterchange/no additives. Spot feed the shrooms/acans/chalices once a week and the fish/RBT/dendro much more frequently. I've discovered Frag swaps to be a man's best friend.

-20 Long has 2 Koralia 240 nano's, Pico Evo-Mag 180 feeding a TLF reactor Lignite/Phosban, Ebo Jager 75w, DIY LED (Bridgelux 12RB 12W), sumpless, barebottom, and derimmed.
-36 Bowfront has 2 Maxijet 400's in fan mode, Lignite/Phosban in chamber of Subcurrent Filter (they no longer make this and I'm starting to figure out why), sumpless, barebottom, DIY LED (Bridgelux 20RB/20W), and 100w Rena Heater. Been using Reef Crystals since inception but am trying out Reef Salt starting this week.

The 20L Gallon finished it's cycle on February 2012.
ReefOriginal2_zps4b787636.jpg

ReefOriginal_zpsb7fe83aa.jpg

DSCN1758a_zps15a14806.jpg

Current Pic below. The Palys on the lower right from the previous picture were growing too crazy and I got rid of it. Hopefully it will fill in nicely. Clown and light snail/hermit CUC.
IMG_0033_zpscda24157.jpg

The 36 Bowfront has been up for about 5 months with mainly stuff moved over from the 20L (both are still up). One Black Clown, Yellow Watchman, and snail/hermit CUC.
IMG_0053_zpsa78435c6.jpg

-James

Very nice!

Yeah Paly's out of control and taking over - been there.
And it is always the ugly brown or silver ones.

Back