Neptune Aquatics

Jebao Gyre pump

Looks like Jebao will release a version of the Maxspect Gyre soon. No actual release date or pricing yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nav
lol so apparently patents don't really work? Or maybe american patents don't apply in other countries?

Sounds neat either way. Wonder what it will look like.

Patents do work, but only if they are enforced now good luck having that happen in China however enforcing them in the US/EU will be the best place to for Maxspect to draw their line in the sand, assuming there actually are patent violations. Although with the way of the internet you can just as easily buy them online from overseas without having to deal with a US supplier (who would be liable for selling anything that infringes on a patent).

Its hard to feel sorry for companies though, it's no secret in many cases they simply use the same suppliers/machinery to make the copies as they do they real thing, such is the problem with outsourcing your manufacturing to a country which is well known for counterfeit goods. You want the cheapest manufacturing price you can get? Or do you want to not have your product copied (as easily).

And FYI, you do need to file patents in every country you want to have any sort of enforcement.

Good god...I need to sell my Gyre, before the prices on these drop to nothing... Wonder why they never ripped off the Vortech? Maybe because they are made in the USA.

Last edited:
I'm with you there, would love a jaebo knock off of vortecs. As far as the gyre goes I've got two 150's up for grabs right now. Don't get me wrong I love the flow of the gyres but due to recent events I don't think I'll be using them in the 150 like I planned. Few days ago when I was getting ready to feed I noticed the gyre controller was blinking red so I unplugged and plugged it back in to no avail. Checked it and didn't see anything in it so I did the same thing only when I plugged it in I quickly changed modes in hopes of, well I don't know what I was hoping lol, anyways it fired up made a horrible noise and what looked similar to white smoke came out the bottom. I haven't been able to pull it out to see what happened yet, between dr apts last week and the swap on sat I'm done.

As I said I absolutely love the gyre as far as the flow patterns it delivers, however after this I'm under the impression that their clean the rotors and cages once a month and clean the whole thing every so many months is more than a recommendation. I last cleaned it about 2.5-3mo ago. I do know last time I cleaned it I found a decent amount of the little brittle stars between the end of the cage and the cap from the mount I'm guessing they were trying to hide from the harlequin as the other times I cleaned it they weren't there. So I think I'm gonna sell the 2 150's I got for the cad 150 and go with vortecs instead.

Yep...Not that impressed with the Gyre either...And not that quiet at medium high to high setting...
Interesting the 130 I had in my room wasn't loud at all. Was a little noisy when I first put it in but after about 3 days it made less noise than the jaebos I was running before.

Interesting the 130 I had in my room wasn't loud at all. Was a little noisy when I first put it in but after about 3 days it made less noise than the jaebos I was running before.

Maybe I'm a bit noise sensitive...I'm running a Bean overflow, so my tank is pretty silent. Sound reminds me of a Vortech but not as loud.

hahaha I'm with mike on this one, no sympathy for lost business...

meanwhile the european products that are in fact made AND designed in europe somehow don't get copied by china (sicce, tunze, etc) while the brands who outsource their manufacturing in china actually expect that factory to keep their design secret haha. Don't cry wolf when you're in bed with it ;)

I love mine. Vortech is sitting in a box since the tank upgrade. I intended to put it on the tank but haven't bothered.
Like I said previously I absolute love the flow these things make, currently I'm torn between selling mine and going with vortec or figuring out how to make them work without needing to clean them every month.

I still haven't managed to get my 130 out to see what actually went wrong but I'm hoping it was a critter or rock or something other than the pump itself.

Tbh aside from my current issue, which is really more the fault of my nerve disorder than a problem with the pump. My only real complaint is the price of the parts needed to be able to control it as well as the fact you have to buy one for each pump and a extra special piece if you want to run alt gyre mode the whole thing seems a bit silly.

Back