High Tide Aquatics

Jebao rw15 pump

I hope I'm doing this right this only the second time I tried to start a discussion. I just purchased a jebao rw15 pump and I must say this is way more powerful than my vortech 40. I have set it on the number 2 setting on wave 1 and is moving the water easily across my 60 in. tank. So far my only problem with it is I didn't see anything in the literature that when the controller is set in the "else" mode(random flow) that is preset at the highest flow rate, which is way to much for my aquarium. If anyone is thinking of purchasing on of these I would be happy have you come over and see it inaction. I will probably buy the rw8 next time.

Yeah their "literature" is a little to be desired for.

Also I'm not entirely sold on the "else" mode "Randomness" with a vortech there was ramping up and down etc, with this it seems (sounds) like it simply goes max to minimum and random intervals instead of changing the actual output. I think you can get a cable for one though and ditch their controller and hook it up to an Apex or similar device and control it that way.

Actually I really like the wave1 setting. The pump goes on and off about every second which products a powerful surge along with the wave. And the higher the setting the larger the wave. The result seems to be a lot of water being circulated throughout the entire aquarium without a narrow blast of water. The pump was also very easy to set up. Having the vortech 40 I can say this is more powerful,broader flow, and fas less noisy. Time will tell if the quality is as good.

I think you will like it My rw15 is working very well. The water movement is broad, but not over powering. Next month I will be ordering a rw8 for the other side of the tank. I don't need the power of the rw15. Just remember the "else" setting is only programmed to run at the highest speed. I don't how powerful this setting is for the rw8, but it is too much for the rw15' at least for my tank,60 in. long. If you get it let us know how it is working. I would like to try it on my 65 gal.

I'm in doubt if I should buy a WP40 or a RW15

I've read some problems in forums about failures with the rw15 controller, due it's new released. And I think is because it's a new product.

on the other hand the wp40 is stable in its performance

what do you suggest?

I really like the rw15 so far. By controller do you mean buying two and syn. them up? Or just the controller on the individual pump. I read a lot of the comments on various forums and it seemed to me that almost everyone really liked the pump. A few had some problems using two Pumps the same time, but even then they did't follow the instructions(actually the instructions could be better). I didn't see any bad reviews with using one pump. So far I only have the rw15 and the controller is fine. Yesterday I ordered a rw8. The rw15 is too powerful unless the speed is turned down to 1-4 setting. My tank is a 150 gal. with some soft corals,lps and sps. So far they all seem happily with the flow. Obviously since I have or will have two rw's that is what I would buy. If in doubt check out the warranty. A seller I believe called The Fishstore or something like that. They have a one year warranty and seem to care for their customers. I wish I know the sellers name for sure, google jebao rw15 and you my see it come up. Let me know if you have any other question, and if you would like to my pumps your welcome to come over.

i mean the remote controller that comes with the pump, despite if you have 1 or more rw15

i also read about good experiences, but in some cases there is complains, and my guess is that all new products have some issues at the begining

No problem with the controller that came with the pump. Checkout the warranty. Every product that I have bought has had problems with some of them(look at all the auto recalls, GM is up,to 25 million)'and I don't mean the one I purchased, but some that other people bought.

you are right about that nothing it's flawless, but I wanted to know your experiences and advices between wp and rw

thank you for your feedback

I never had a jebao wp. I was using a vortech mp 40. I like the rw15 much better. Like I said earlier I have't had any problems so far. I would not have just ordered the rw8 if I wasn't satisfied with the rw15. If you have further questions let me know. I should be getting the rw8 next work if your interested in how it is working.

Yes they are powerful. Just get an email today saying the rw4 is now available. 70 some dollars. This would probably be best for your size tank. At 10 percent is the water OK ?

Interesting observations about the power. I have two RW15's on the way for my 48" long tank. I figured the RW15 over the RW8 for the sole reason that I'd rather run a powerful motor at 10% than a smaller motor at 80-90%, seeing as these are an "always on" type of device.

I think your right. The rw8 would probably have be set in the 7-10 setting depending on how water movement your corals require. I think you will see that using the rw15 you will get plenty of movement using just the 1-3 setting. At least that has been my experience using both the rw 8 and 15.

Just moved my rw8 to my 65gal. to how it would work. The aquarium is a red sea max 250. I never liked the two inlet pumps because they just blast the water at the front of the tank which doesn't provide very good water movement. I called the company and they said I could turn off the larger pump, and use an internal pump to provide water movement. I have fought this problem for almost two years, but with rw8 I can see the difference already. Movement thru out the tank, but much gentler(sp).
The rw8 has plenty of power for this 65gal tank and be powerful enough for a 90gal for sure. Might even for an 120 gal, at that size I would go with the rw15.

After seeing Dick's (@F6553066) RW-15 pump in his tank, I decided to get one for my 120 and it is stronger than my 3 old Koralia's put together. I love it! I used to have a little "scum" at the surface but that is no longer the case and I have much more "shimmer" than I used to and my water is clearer. I only have it set to 3 dots (maximum of 8) and that may be too strong - still adjusting. I like using the optional night mode where it automatically slows down at night and back on the next morning. I'll update this in a few months....

@Geneva Wong : Do you have only the single RW-15 in now?

I also have a 4x2x2 120g, with currently 2 x MP40's. I needed more flow on the back wall and tried the WP-10 and WP-25. The WP-10 is a little weak, and the WP-25 is too strong. So only have the MP40's with WP-10 for now. I'm playing around with the settings and combinations and placement some more. I might even get away with a single WP-25, but I really like the MP40's reef crest random mode.

My tank has the same dimensions as yours - it is peninsula style where my pumps are only on one end. Right now, I'm experimenting with the RW-15 running with 2 Koralia's but seriously considering shutting down the Koralia's as I think there is too much flow now and they are just redundant. I think I only need the RW-15 as there is good circulation everywhere and waves....

I concur. Rw15 in my 120. Lowest setting. Was running only one depending on wave setting. Now using both but at different settings, lowest flow and strategically directed.

Back