Kessil

jeepboy_90 - 60g Tank Build

This is my Truvu 60g
Dual Overflow Boxes (1" drains - 3/4" returns)
QuiteOne 3000 pump
2 - Koralia 3's
1 - Korilia 1
10g Truvu Tank setup as fuge
Pro Clear Aquatics wet/dry - modified (custom overflow, turned bio-ball area into live rock area, modified skimmer)
All electical is out in the garage and water changes are also made there. No water mess inside.

I will be posting more information and details about the build over the next week or so.

Enjoy the pictures and feel free to ask questions.

I do have live rock in the sump protion now.

Overall Picture:
DSC_0037.jpg

Internals Picture:
DSC_0030.jpg

Overall Tank Shot:
DSC_0038.jpg

The rock in the lower left, is a large piece around 15-20lbs, not sure on type. It is a greatt cave looking rock, it was a pain to fit it the Truvu top. It just fit woth a cm. on each side.

I think if you take the big piece on top of it and stand it straight up on the right and put the smaller rocks on the right under that shelf piece, it would look better and you will have a lot of space to put frags :) .. Just an idea.. It looks cool the way it is right now 8)..

I am going to be moving things around till I get it just right (maybe never). Thank you for the input, I need to line up some more frags jump start this tank. I will be joining BAR on the 1st on Jan.

I completed a little more work today on the tank. Made a cover for the sump, fixed a small leak.

Here are a few pictures of the construction of the hood. I purchased the 4x54W T5 Icecap kit from reefgeek.com. The package was at the door in a few days and packaged the best of any lights I have ever recieved. I first setup a plywood hood and made sure it was functional, then installed in the new hood. I used all stainless hardware to make the racks, then mounted them up and they were ready to make the corals happy.

Rack:
DSC_0008-1.jpg

DSC_0009-1.jpg

Fitting Racks:
DSC_0010-1.jpg

End Result: Wires ran and ready to go.
DSC_0015-2.jpg

Enjoy. ;D

It has been a little over two months since I have posted on my tank. So here is a little update.

The corals which I have seem to all be doing well. I will post some pictures tonight that are from back in October then take some shots tomorrow to show the growth. I have started a little zoa habit and have added about 6 more types. Names unknow.

The problems:

The sump design I have works great, but when the power goes out it overflows into the cabinet. I tested when installed, but adding the fuge and other items have cause issues. So a new custom sump and fuge with be built. I am going to have Gary's Plastic here in Santa Cruz do the work. Oh, that means I need a new skimmer right, yes. Going with either the MSX160 or Octo160. Ordering tomorrow if I sell one of my SBC 400's.

The lights have been giving me trouble, but may have it worked out. Also big kudo's to Reefgeek.com always there to help.

Added:

I added a BFS carbon and GFO kit to my setup. Seems to be working.

More to come tomorrow.

New Zoas:
DSC_0056.jpg

Cap back in Oct wait till you see the grow on this one, will update tomorrow:
Nov08-8.jpg

Green Slimmer in Oct:
Nov08-6.jpg

Late October Tank shot:
FTS11-08.jpg

Here are some growth pictures, sorry taken with my Powershot S3IS. I will try to take some with the Nikon D70 later this week.

Green cap:
IMG_2099.jpg

Green Slimmer:
IMG_2102.jpg

Zoa Garden:
IMG_2100.jpg

FTS:
IMG_2104.jpg

I have that same green cap, it forms nice ridges and pillars. And you are right it is a fast grower.

Check out mine, it is part of the DBTC program. Even after chipping off 2 nice sized frags of this - it has grown even larger since the picture has been taken.
http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?topic=5487.0

Well the new sump was completed today and the new skimmer was on the door when I got back. :eek: I have included a few pictures of the new sump. It is two tanks that fit together with a overflow. The plastic place did a great job. I can add water in a day and will run a test. Then next week it will be new sump time. The refuge is around 15g and the sump holds around 20+ total, but will only be about half full.

s4.jpg

s6.jpg

Skimmer:
oct2.jpg

Back