Jeff's Upgrade to DSA 105

Discussion in 'Tank Journals' started by Jeff Rehling, Jan 26, 2019.

1. rygh

rygh BOD

Looks nice.
    You might want to seal it more from the skimmer/sump section.
    The humidity and fine salt spray kills electronics fast.

2. Jeff Rehling

Jeff Rehling Supporting Member

Her will be a piece of plywood closing off the electronics from sump area. Need to run cable raceways and they’re no painted red yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Jeff Rehling

Cable raceways, fire tablet holder and Ethernet cables. [​IMG]

4. Jeff Rehling

[​IMG]

Every girl crazy ‘bout a sharp dressed pump

[​IMG]

5. Jeff Rehling

Apex Savior story: Today, while my wife was walking the dogs, I decided to view Fusion and found out my tank was as 74 degrees. I looked at my Cobalt heater and there were two yellow flashing lights. With the help of @jccaclimber diagnosing my tank via Apex, my heater crapped out around noon today and the temp steadily fell. Fortunately I have two (undersized) heaters here so I was able to start warming up the tank. I would not have known this was happening without Apex. We live in SF and don't heat the house at night, so I would have had a very chilly reef by morning, and doubtful I would have noticed it then. Saved my reef and my animals.

Super lucky!

Thanks @xcaret

6. grizfyrfyter

grizfyrfyter Supporting Member

Set up the email notifications (it will send a text also) for stuff like temperature and oh at least. You can also set notifications for power use out of normal range on things like pumps and heaters so you know something is wrong before Temps even start to drop.

7. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

man how cold do you let your place get? I make sure the furnace kicks on if it drops below 64 at night.

8. jccaclimber

jccaclimber Supporting Member

Notifications were on (and are now narrower). Jeff noticed the temp just before it hit the alarm point.

grizfyrfyter likes this.
  9. Jeff Rehling

My body heat puts off some sizzle

10. Vhuang168

Vhuang168 Supporting Member

If you set up power use notifications, it wouldn't have even gotten that low before you get alerted. It would have sent you an alert when the heaters were turned on by Apex and they did not draw the power they should be using.

grizfyrfyter likes this.
  11. Jeff Rehling

thanks Vincent. I'm still learning how to operate and monitor the tank