Joel's Tank Journal(s)

Discussion in 'Tank Journals' started by Reef Keeper, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Miami hurricane.

2. Reef Keeper

Reef Keeper Guest

DSC_0459.jpg I have this lower on the reef, and it seems to be taking to my display well.

I photographed this under 2 x110W SHVOs and 1 56W T5 Super Actinics. I only adjusted the temperature slightly when editing the photo.

I like it a lot. Thank you for placing this beauty in our Club's Tank at BAP.

Miami Hurricane

Last edited: May 22, 2014
  3. Reef Keeper

Reef Keeper Guest

It's taken me a while to get out of my funk and take a photo of the crazing, after the Icee Gel tube bursted on to the display. While I tell myself it not that bad, I would like to see it repaired if possible. It was so ready to show this week, and was glad I was not on the Showing list for the Tank Tour Sunday. Any way, here is a photo, LMK if you think it can be buffed out / repaired.... Thanks

DSC_0049.jpg

4. DeeAnnMG

DeeAnnMG Guest

Bummer about the Icee Gel burst. It's tough to tell from this close up pic, but the issue doesn't look all that bad. I have no idea about buffing, but I hope it all works it okay.

5. Reef Keeper

Reef Keeper Guest

I'm looking for someone who could maintenance my system this year in the event Tube Rider isn't available. I think TR said there's someone in Pacifica, David? If you have any suggestions please let me know.
    So sorry I missed the swap today: I have a bunch of stuff I have been growing out this past year. Bummer. That's what happens when I'm not on the boards for so long. Last post was November.

6. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

I do maintenance.

7. Reef Keeper

Reef Keeper Guest

Hi Mike,

Thank you for landing on my post and for letting me know, as such.

8. Reef Keeper

Reef Keeper Guest

Just replaced my my ATO.com top off with a Tunze 3500 Osmolator b/c the former was leaking voltage and tripping the gfci.

Initially, the Tunze sensor kept faulting and kept pumping out f/w from the reservoir. It was really irritating.:confused: After reading Screebo's post on this subject, I was able to get it working just fine. I'm so happy now: Here is the link to his Screebo's post below

Fresh Water Top Off | Bay Area Reefers | BAR

Thanks to Kmooresf and Screebo for their input and suggestions. :D

DSC_0375.JPG DSC_0377.JPG

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
    tr1gger likes this.
  9. Kmooresf

Kmooresf Supporting Member

Glad it's working Joel. I haven't had a single problem in two years with mine, so I'm hoping you have the same luck. Thanks for stopping by today. Always fun to talk tank.

10. denzil

denzil Webmaster

I actually got mine from Screebo. :)

Unfortunately, I think I need to have it looked at because the electrical contacts on the AC adapter and the controller unit have been weathered a bit by conditions of the tank. I tried to scrub everything off with a wire brush and while it helped some, it's still not quite a clean contact. Any fidgeting with the connection between the AC adapter and the controller unit causes it to deliver F/W instead of registering that the water level's okay.

I have yet to contact Tunze about it but just may do that soon.

11. Reef Keeper

Reef Keeper Guest

I read John's TJ page. and he stated that he needed to move his around before he got it working. I wiped down the sensor and moved the sensors away from the electrical and pumps, and that took care of the problem I was experiencing and which you are describing. I hope that takes care of it.

12. Reef Keeper

Reef Keeper Guest

Just added a Jebao WP-25 wave maker to my system yesterday. I finally have it dialed in, so it isn't blowing up a storm. It's moving a lot of water, and the LPS's seem to be responding well. Next, I'm going to have to update my TJ's front page to show all the updated things I've added. At the end of this month, my set up will be 6 years old. It's gone pretty fast. The Koralias and ATO.com top off were both leaking voltage. I would expect that from the 6 year old pumps, but not from a top off that was < 6 months old. Paul at ATO.com is making me jump through hoops to be refunded since the device began faulting . Now, he's requesting I upload video of the device cutting out when it's in fresh water. I don't think that's fair, as I didn't buy it to use with fresh water. Some people.... I've included a photo of a new frag I added to my display from Kmooresf. Thank you Kmooresf I'm loving it. DSC_0395.JPG DSC_0393.JPG CSC_0389.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  13. I just read through this whole tank journal.

1st off, Wow! Beautiful tank!
    2nd, I need the recipe for those Christmas Nachos! They look fantastic!

Reef Keeper likes this.
  14. Reef Keeper

Reef Keeper Guest

Thanks for landing on my Tank Journal Page and for post back too. I'll be happy to share the recipe.:)

aquatic mouse likes this.
  15. Reef Keeper

Reef Keeper Guest

I tore down my 38g fresh water tank this week, and Susan is asking me to find a stable home for our pet of 2+ years. Is there someone who can provide a safe, clean, filtered, 72 degree or so environment for Scarlet? We'd really appreciate it.

Thank you :)
    Scarlet DSC_0454.JPG

16. Reef Keeper

Reef Keeper Guest

Well, Susan and I could not part with our freshwater friend "Scarlet," our 2 year young beta. We got a new home for it in a MarineLand 4 gallon with bio wheel and LED lighting (Blue and White modes). He's seems content in his new IMG_0427.jpg .

Last edited: May 23, 2014
  17. Reef Keeper

Reef Keeper Guest

So glad I purchased an r/o 5 stage system from BRS: No longer do I have to fill my trunk 15 (5 gal) to buy R/O water from Lighthouse in HMB every other month for the past 7 years. Not to mention the 20 mile round trip :0(

DSC_0363.JPG

18. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

Congrats congrats!!! I recently picked up a brs 5 stage myself. Got the dual ro membrane :) water saver

19. Reef Keeper

Reef Keeper Guest

Tank turns 7 in four weeks. A lot has changed, but the fun still remains the same.

IMG_0038.JPG

DSC_0718.JPG

DSC_0076.JPG

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
    iCon likes this.
  20. Reef Keeper

Reef Keeper Guest

Nice, I'd like to learn more about the "water saver" feature as we pay more for water here, than any place in the U.S; and the unit expells / rejects apx 2/3rds of the water entering the unit. :0(