john's rsr350

Discussion in 'Tank Journals' started by jhuynh, Oct 10, 2018.

1. jhuynh

jhuynh Guest

so I had my artfully aka clearviewlids delivered this morning at 655am. here is a quick picture of the tsunami with 2 custom cuts for the rms mounts. going to clean up the rough edges. personally I like it. very clean[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Cruz Mc5 likes this.
  2. Cruz Mc5

Cruz Mc5 Supporting Member

The lid looks great! How long did it take for them to get you the lid?

3. jhuynh

jhuynh Guest

took them about 2 weeks. delivered 2 days by usps.

4. ashburn2k

ashburn2k Webmaster Staff Member

and you have baby snails!

Coral reefer likes this.
  5. jhuynh

jhuynh Guest

so my first care package of frags came in. waiting on the second one in early jan. ill take better pictures later when I place everything in place.

just in time for the holidays and also my birthday.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
  6. xcaret

xcaret Guest

Is the mesh on the cover replaceable?

7. jorahx4

jorahx4 Supporting Member

cool frags! whered you get them from?

8. Rostato

Rostato Supporting Member

Very nice!

9. jhuynh

jhuynh Guest

yes the mesh is replaceable. it's the same as changing a window screen.

as for the frags, they were from a local reefer who gave me a good deal on a frag pack.

my next shipment of frags will be more higher end including a walt disney and bunch of old school ora pieces. future dbtc sps.

10. tankguy

tankguy Supporting Member

The moister from the water will destroy the pictures. Ask my ex wife why her pic are ruined and mine are not

11. ashburn2k

ashburn2k Webmaster Staff Member

his wife doesn't care.

12. jhuynh

jhuynh Guest

man. why is everyone asking about those picture frames? frames were from ikea. pictures were prints from walgreens when they had the two free 8 x 10 promotion.

13. jhuynh

jhuynh Guest

just a quick update. went bare bottom and couldnt be more pleased. added a jaebo ow40 wave pump. moved some corals around and added a chalice section in my tank. letting some sps grow and encrusted some more before adding more. thinking of removing the two 8x8x4 marine pur blocks cause a fellow reefer said it leaches aluminum, but everything seems fine.[​IMG][​IMG]

14. jhuynh

jhuynh Guest

it has been awhile since my update. was busy with my new job. recent additions from my little brother - 32 sps frags care package: ora hawkins, ora Joe the coral, Walt Disney, fox flame, pink lemonade, and orange passion - to name a few higher end.

current parameters:
    8.5 alk
    420 cal
    1340 mag
    2ppm no3
    .03ppm po4
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

MolaMola likes this.
  15. jhuynh

jhuynh Guest

not much of an update. tank is now about 10 months. been trying to lower alk to at least 8 but has been closer to 9 for 2 months. trying to do do biweekly 25% water changes with red sea blue bucket 7.7 alk levels, but still sticks at 9. not dosing anything. anyone have any other things I should look into? was going to let it go down naturally until colors on some sps browning and some has shows slow signs of stn.

alk 9
    ca 440
    mag 1360
    no3 2ppm
    po4 .003

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  16. Flagg37

Flagg37 Supporting Member

Have you double checked your test kit first?

17. jhuynh

jhuynh Guest

yes - i have been using salifert test kits. i also have the alk and cal hanna checker to double check against the salifert results.