Cali Kid Corals

Jorahx 90g

25g water change complete. Threw away the old hose.

8e9a6e3edbfc117e6fe1deb1aee6a607.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, some other news! Got a new fence put up on the side of the back yard, now the puppy can roam around freely with out fear of her getting out! Yay!

4cafa6da0b2234c8586df045c3ce1604.jpg

Alk 7.7
Cal 470
Mag 1320
Ph 8
Ammonia 0
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 30~
Phos .3

I have tried to use gfo in the past to lower the phosphates but have noticed the forest fire digi reacting negatively to even the slightest gfo. I tried it in a bag in the sump, and a reactor. The digi colony would start showing less and less polyps, until none would be out all day. Once removal of gfo the digi would start to open back up.

GFO will bring down your Alk.
Your alk is ok, but not high, so it may drop to troublesome levels as you add GFO.
The other thought is the fine dust. When I add GFO, I do get a bit of black dust in my skimmer.
And my skimmer is in a section before GFO reactor, so it has to get all the way through my DT.

GFO will bring down your Alk.
Your alk is ok, but not high, so it may drop to troublesome levels as you add GFO.
The other thought is the fine dust. When I add GFO, I do get a bit of black dust in my skimmer.
And my skimmer is in a section before GFO reactor, so it has to get all the way through my DT.

Never knew gfo effected the alk. Thank you for that info. And my set up is similar, skimmer before the reactor pump.

If I do it at the cfm it forces me to not be anti social.

It will be good to see you there, but there are no plans to take membership fees at the event.
Go to "Your account" then on left look for "Account upgrades"

Update!

So Friday (or Thursday?) I forgot which day. But i cut down the ATS surface area and roughed it up with a course sand paper. Today noticed the bottom starting to get dark. Possibly could be growth! Or just detritus build up haha.

35c971e7fb365e6b1abff195840f05c2.jpg

I can see daily improvements with darkening on the screen! I don’t know if it is the start of algae growth or bacteria growth as the light makes it appear reddish.

I’ve been running the light 24/7 to spark some growth and than reevaluate light schedule with the nutrients dropping.

3d243e41a9d646aaf821ff6814aec6bc.jpg

Some photos I took today.

Two spot hog fish, hard to get a good quality photo using my phone.

22633ce7a7d0f2be11b5dcd1f51a16d6.jpg

My diy skimmer stand. I’ve had a lot of issues with this skimmer and finally getting it to skim out stuff, and not overflow every second.

53573dd70bc147d6f4fdffbcd8f95169.jpg

Just regular issues with radion lights, lesson learned don’t buy used. Ecotech doesn’t help people that don’t have receipt.

Time was 7:55 when photo was taken. Light are supposed to go off at 8:00. 2/3 are already off haha. I have had it where one light stays on all night. Or one light doesn’t turn on in the morning. Tried many things, factor reset, reboot, update, reprogram, still happens.

27ecd0797dee076e539ba3817b42e3ce.jpg

Just regular issues with radion lights, lesson learned don’t buy used. Ecotech doesn’t help people that don’t have receipt.

Time was 7:55 when photo was taken. Light are supposed to go off at 8:00. 2/3 are already off haha. I have had it where one light stays on all night. Or one light doesn’t turn on in the morning. Tried many things, factor reset, reboot, update, reprogram, still happens.

That’s too bad they won’t give you any help.

Back