Jestersix

[Jul 23, 2016] Lunch and Tank Tour at Dick's House!! (Oakland, CA)

Looks like we could possibly make an East Bay tank tour out of this, would probably draw in some more people. Normally for a tank tour, we've met for lunch first and then gone house to house. Maybe instead we could go house to house and end at Dick's place for dinner at the end. Sounds like me, Tankguy, and Boun could potentially show. In the area you also have Mike (Bondolo) and Erin (Kensington Reefer).

What size tank do you have that turtle in?

Look about 4 feet long, so a 60 gallons will do. One inch per gallon amirite?

I was in Maui last week. One of those came right at me while snorkeling south Maui. At first it was woow turtle, and then..ok this is a bit too close...you are not hungry right? Good thing they are herbivore.

Last edited:
dang i'd totally go (and possibly extend an invite to view my tank as i'm also in the neighborhood) but alas, we'll be out of town that weekend, so next time!

Hi All. Reefing for just 2 years. I think my wife is probably tired of hearing about my fish tank so I thought I'd look up more victims. Just joined the site. Looking forward to meeting a few others with the reefing bug...count me in.

I hope folks wanting to show off their tanks before or after going to Dick's will post here with time and specifics. I don't think we should change Dick's original time unless he and others want to change it - thoughts?

I hope folks wanting to show off their tanks before or after going to Dick's will post here with time and specifics. I don't think we should change Dick's original time unless he and others want to change it - thoughts?

+1, keep the original event time. Other tank tour (which I would love to see) can schedule before/after

I'd be up for having people see my tank beforehand from 12-12:40 pm. I'd just need to know that there's a decent amount of interest. If a handful of people want to stop by, then I'd be more than happy to show my tank :)

Dick (@F6553066 ) invites everyone to his house in Oakland to see his beautiful tanks. Dick will even provide lunch and hold a raffle!

15 people minimum or event will be canceled.

More details to follow!
Hi I would
Like to come to this I'm trying to RSVP but for some reason it won't let me click yes so please sign me up if there is still room thanks

Back