got ethical husbandry?

June 12th Meeting featuring Justin Credabel

Nope no video, sorry Link. If you have any specific questions, I'm sure we can answer since it's fresh in our heads.

I do know that the bright red Goni I have that looks like a Porites is a Goniopora stutchburyi

i know nothing about gono until today.i learn something about hydrogen hydroxide could be use to kill those pesky Algiers.:),great presentation .great job Jeremy.

lapsan

kills algae pretty effectively. Have to be careful with certain corals like SPS and monties. Others can take strong/long dips. Also helps with "deep" skeletal infections. I believe Justin said he had a paper on it somewhere.

Yes, but he keeps his bioload to a minimum and prefers to use refugiums for nutrient export.. He also said that in order to keep Gonis you need to have water that is clean enough to grow Acros.

http://reefbuilders.com/2010/03/29/uses-for-hydrogen-peroxide-in-the-aquarium-algae-removal/

Still not sure if he is dipping in full 3% for Zoas to rid the plug of algae, or diluted by ten parts salt water as a dip. Other threads are saying add 3% to SW until the rock bubbles.

I.D. help, Por Favor,
At the last meeting I acquired many very cool bits of coral. This was among them and it turns out not to be one Tony gave me. Can anyone help me with an ID and general requirements. I've got it pretty high up since it's a very small polyp coral. Looks like some form of monti or similar.
P1000455.jpg

Back