June Meeting

Discussion in 'General Club Business' started by Mr. Ugly, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

Thanks to everybody's input and Mike's superior organizational abilities :) we have a nice summary of proposed topics for the June and future meetings.

http://www.bareefers.org/bar/viewtopic.php?p=8530&highlight=#8530

Thread starts here:

http://www.bareefers.org/bar/viewtopic.php?t=922&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

It would make for a great June meeting if we can pick our topic by the end of this week, and begin all the necessary prep, organization, and communications.

Personally, I like quite a few of the ideas. Strategy-wise, it would probably be good for us to go with a topic that has the best chance of being ready in time.

Any volunteers or offers to run with one of the topics for June?

I do have a person that is putting together an Electrical 101 Lecture and Lab kind of presentation. Doesn't have to be for June though if people want to take the lead on other topics!

2. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

Ok, here's some sample pics that are being put together for Electrical 101.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hehehe... check out the old school tank in the last diagram :) My friend who's putting this together is an electronics/electrical geek, but not a reef geek :)

3. Apon

Apon Volunteer

If I had to vote, I would like the photography meeting.

4. dswong01

dswong01 Supporting Member

Photography and electrical would be cool topics

5. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

well I dont know if I should suggest since my summers are the time for me to get things done so don't know about my attendance, but photography 101 sounds good as long as it's done with a wide range of topics/cameras to use, ie I don't want someone with their $1500 camera & lens setup telling me how easy it is to get great photos.

6. cwolfus

cwolfus Past President

Hey Gang,

I like the electrical and earthquake topics.

-Charles

7. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

It's less then 6 weeks away, any idea on what the meeting is going to be on?

8. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

Planning to do Electrical101 for June. I need to get an outline of the presentation from the speaker and fine tune some details this week, then post the announcement next week.

August presentation will be Coral Diseases and Treatments by Frank Burr.

At this point, October will be Reef Photography101 headed up by Jimsar.

December is open so far, but we're bouncing around some ideas and checking out leads. Maybe even a little schedule juggling, depending on what can work.

9. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

We once had a christmas party for the december meeting, now while that was at a time when we had 12 meetings a year but it's a nice fall back to have some social gathering, maybe a "secret santa" type coral swap, everyone brings a christmas present coral , and just randomly pick numbers or something so everyone who shows up goes home with something. I realize the frag swap is "just around the corner" from that december meeting, but hey it is in the xmas spirit :) Or you can have a regular meeting with the xchange of presents :)

10. teachermark

teachermark Guest

I like that idea, Mike.

11. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

Good idea :)

Someone start a December Meeting thread in the Club Business forum?