got ethical husbandry?

just got back from camping, show me your swap booty!

did someone ask to see some SWAP BOOTY?

2749090846_b970e6b9c5_o.jpg

[quote author=mrsseminolecpa link=topic=4274.msg51731#msg51731 date=1218350077]
did someone ask to see some SWAP BOOTY?

2749090846_b970e6b9c5_o.jpg
[/quote]

ROFL!!!!!

I'll post pics when my halides pop on, but a run down I what I picked.

I had an A card, first thing I picked was a Lime in the Sky because I heard Bryan was looking for that, but then I gave it to him because I know he's going to give me a piece of it later if I ask anyways :D I saw a Palmer's Blue Mille that I wanted, but then I remembered someone was giving me that via DBTC! I didn't do any pre-looking (I was an honest helper) so I just glanced over stuff saw something labeled "Sunset Monti" looked like a pretty decently sized frag so I grabbed that, I already have it but I wanted to check out how differently it grows and colors up, and have something to offer up into DBTC :D. (But it does look to be a different species than the "real" one, since the polyps are different)

It was a LONG wait until until my next pick (which ended up being two picks) the shelves made it a bit hard to really get a lay of the land of what was available so I picked up something labeled "Deep water acro" and orange with purple polyp birdsnest (or maybe the colors are reversed) just want to grow these guys out. After that I didn't pick any more though.

man i need to be schooled in the art of picking! i was jsut picking what i thought would look cool, but you guys are seriously into these names. haha next swap im going to give mine mysterious vague names so people will go crazy for those. haha jk!

Just like I ended up going twice , since most of what was left.....I already have. Besides ,my real reason for going was to help out with teardown and to pass down my extra frags

I cleared out 15 frags from my take (woohoo!!) and got a few new ones. I'll try and get pics up, although most of them are bar frags anyways :p

[quote author=ReeferGirl link=topic=4274.msg51751#msg51751 date=1218392719]but you guys are seriously into these names.[/quote]

Well, it's not really the names. It's just that some of the coolest looking stuff is so distinct that people give them interesting names.

Lime in the sky is crazy sky blue with green polyps. Palmer's blue mille is the most blue mille ever... under the right lights :D

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=4274.msg51757#msg51757 date=1218398490]
........ Palmer's blue mille is the most blue mille ever... under the right lights :D
[/quote]

400W 10K Reeflux will make that thing pop.. ;D

Not too shabby a page for acropora identification, rather than looking at a bunch of pictures and trying to guess they break it down via coralite structure, location, etc. Tons o' junk
http://www.coralsee.org/ID/id.html

oh that is beautiful. i want ALL your corals ok Sergio??? :) im going to make a magnet out of your beautiful label for the acro i got from you yesterday! :D

magnet ....huh.....i wonder if my wife would notice if i replace the pictures of our kids on the fridge with coral pics?..........probably not a good idea. thanks for the idea though ;D

i'll first try cutting her out of some of our wedding pics and replace her half of the picture with a picture of a colony of pink lemonade or maybe some setosa. ;)

haha yeah! im totally going to do it lol. its such a pretty frag, and the color is amazing. i want my SPS tank to be all blue!

and yeah ummm i dont think your wife would like that idea.. and if you DO choose to go that route, dont say you got the idea from me! haha i dont want to get in trouble! haah

Back