Our mission

just got back from camping, show me your swap booty!

We used to do the whole "rare" thing too, it was nice at first got people to bring stuff, even did the 10 = 1 rare pick, but then hundreds of xenia, yellow polyps, etc frags and it really went away from what it was supposed to do. The fact we ditched the rares I've seen better stuff in than when we had rares, but then again it also could be a factor that corals are being propagated about so "rares" are more dispersed around so it's simply a matter of people having corals to give.

Wow, my frags were very clearly labelled with what they were, which may account for why nobody wanted them...

Some of mine were labelled

"Unknown Brown SPS - fast grower! Great beginner SPS"
"Potato Chip Pavona - Awesome shape!"

I don't know why nobody like my pavona. OK, so it's totally brown, but it really grows into a great shape!
The brown SPS actually has purplish growth tips, but not enough that I'd label it as purple tipped. I mean, when I look at it in my tank, it's friggen brown, so I labelled it as such.

And again, a descriptive name would help. "Orange Zoo with green skirt" is much better than "Brokeback Mountain Zoo"

V

[quote author=Vincerama2 link=topic=4274.msg52060#msg52060 date=1218574096]
[/quote]
Should have added "looks like the Virgin Mary" and it would have gone in a heartbeat :D

haha, I labeled one zoa "Green Goblin" and then put "Dark Green Zoa" after it...god knows what it really is, the colony at the bottom of my tank is solid green, so green it is spooky, while a colony higher up is light green with hints of blue and brown skirt.

I also put a "Armor of God" in, but today I noticed 3 head bunch of AoG floating free in my tank...which is about the same size as as what I brought to the swap...hope I didn't put the wrong frag in the AoG container, my lights hadn't come on and all my corals were still closed up when I packed and labeled that morning.

So if anyone thought they were getting AoG's and didn't let me know....but I'm 95% sure it was the right frag and the loose bunch was detached from the mother colony post fragging.

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=4274.msg52056#msg52056 date=1218573575]
We used to do the whole "rare" thing too, it was nice at first got people to bring stuff, even did the 10 = 1 rare pick, but then hundreds of xenia, yellow polyps, etc frags and it really went away from what it was supposed to do. The fact we ditched the rares I've seen better stuff in than when we had rares, but then again it also could be a factor that corals are being propagated about so "rares" are more dispersed around so it's simply a matter of people having corals to give.

[/quote]

hell we started the "rare" catagory and everyone else followed suit :D

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=4274.msg52065#msg52065 date=1218574995]
[quote author=Vincerama2 link=topic=4274.msg52060#msg52060 date=1218574096]
[/quote]
Should have added "looks like the Virgin Mary" and it would have gone in a heartbeat :D

[/quote]

Shoot, I could get $15K on eBay for such a thing...

V

Back