Reef nutrition

Just moved up here to mountain view

Hey there i just moved down from washington to here in mountain view. So far I like here a lot more, now to just find some good stores and soon build my next tank. Ill have a build thread here first with the drawings and plans then with the fun stuff the build. But to just give ya'll an idea it will be a cube tank in the 100gal plus range. With a center overflow because it will be a bar countertop for I guess a breakfest nook haha.

Welcome! If you are going the custom route, you should check with Gen @ http://www.krittertanks.com/ he is a sponsor and acrylic mentor here. We have a good base for local shops also, see our other sponsors. I have still not visited all of them myself but the three that I do go to I enjoy and they have great stock.

I think the closest shops to you are Aquarium Showroom which is a huge store in San Jose, and Neptune which has a really nice selection of corals in Milpitas. There might be a couple of other shops around closer but I haven't been to them so i can't say anything about them :D

Welcome, SlimJim. I'm in Mountain View too. Dolphin Pet Village and Neptune are the two stores I hit up in south bay. Ocean Treasures is another one of my favorites - they are located in San Francisco.

I would also suggest becoming a BAR member. The $20 fee is incredibly low for the membership benefits.

Ah yea, I went to Dolphin Pet Village a couple times also, but I wasn't into reef keeping at the time, I was just there with a friend, it was a nice shop as well from what I remember.

Thanks for the responces and i was looking at the neptune shop online and i really like his monti's so i cant wait till i can get this build on its way. Yes it will be a custom route i was probably going to contact kritter tanks or talk to a fellow WA reefer by the user name of treehugger. Well see.

Where in WA? You a member of any of the clubs up there? Best store in your opinion?

Welcome! You're on the right track as far as stores go. Keep in mind if you join BAR you'll get way more than your money back, including getting a lot of corals via DBTC, raffles and swaps.

I was in the puyallup area right outside of tacoma, and as far as the best store up there that i personaly had been was barrier reef in renton. It was awsome and had great frags and they were always there to answer questions. plus it was the only place to buy trigger pods that were live haha. I do plan on becoming a member just waiting to get fully moved in and wait till my storage gets delived because i have my nano tank to set up in the mean time :)

Can you tell me more about the stores with dead Tigger-Pods. I work for Reef Nutrition and would love to get to the bottom of this as QA is just one of my many hats :)

Great club and store. I haven't been on RF in a while, thanks for reminding me to check in :)

Well it wasn't the fact of finding trigger pods dead it was the fact that alot of the stores said they carried the product but said it was on back order. So it was frustrating till I went to barrier reef the first time and they had alot of them in the refridgerator.

Our demand has skyrocketed at at times we just don't have enough to go around. Live animals are also fickle at times :) Other times stores simply run out fast since they didn't order enough. FWIW once again we double our ponds so in a month we'll have more then we'll need... that is until demand raises to that level :lol:

The volume we sell is insane!!!

Back