K2R Calcium Reactor

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by wun68, Jan 4, 2010.

1. wun68

wun68 Guest

Can anyone help me find the owner's manual to the older K2R Calcium reactor? I just purchased a used one and know how to set it up, but I want to know how to tune it. I've googled myself to death and the address to coral farms support returns an ndr with "Mailbox Full" =(

Thanks!

2. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

I know Bob closed down the coral farm and I am pretty sure he closed down the K2R wing of his business as well. I moved his coral farm way back in 01 (02?) IIRC. His wife got very sick (cancer) so he stopped the coral farm. When I contacted him years later about equipment I had of his he was not interested in it at all.

Who Is still has a listing....

Advanced Reef Technologies
    10270 Alpine Dr. #3
    Cupertino, CA 95014
    US
    408-735-8439
    408-735-7934

3. wun68

wun68 Guest

Thanks, G!

4. wun68

wun68 Guest

This is impossible to find!!

5. Apon

Apon Volunteer

What do you mean tune it? i have one as well, but only thing I can tune is the CO2 that goes into it( needle wheel on the regulator), or the output of the fliud back to the tank through a tube valve.

6. Bula

Bula Guest

I have K2R and I agree with Apon. Not much to tone. I don't think I can make the Jan BofD meeting so if you want me to mail it to you send me your address and I will make you a copy of what i have.

John

7. wun68

wun68 Guest

Thanks for the advice. Maybe you can just give me the recommended settings for the co2 and output? I should have around 300 gallons of total water volume.

Bula PM sent. I really appreciate you offering to help out. Where are you located?

8. euod

euod Supporting Member

To get to 6.2 ph effluent start w/ setting the bubble count to 80 per min. I have 180 and effluent was 50 ml per min. so maybe yours should somewhere around 75-100 ml per min depending on load of corals. I wil see if I have the old manual around.

9. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

You've got protein skimmers on the brain... needle VALVE :)

10. Apon

Apon Volunteer

yep...needle valve is right. good catch.

11. wun68

wun68 Guest

Reactor is up and running on the new tank I'm bringing up. Will be monitoring the water coming out and counting bubbles =)

Bula, Thanks for mailing a print-copy of the manual! I owe you one.. If you're ever in the Brentwood area, swing by and you can pick something from the frag rack.

12. Bula

Bula Guest

No worries. Enjoy.

I do go through your areas when I go Bass fishing.

See you

John