Our mission

Kessil A350 Repair?

One of my Kessil lamps is having problems with the cooling system. It's physically hotter to the touch on the casing than my other two A350s. It's been periodically shutting itself off today, I believe due to heat buildup.

Does anyone have experience repairing the cooling system? Does Kessil offer any kind of service or repair?

I reached out to their contact e-mail but did not get a response. Any help is appreciated.

How long has it been since you emailed them?

You can try calling too.

I had help with my kessil controller firmware and the guy helped me through it.

Did you try cleaning out the gunk on the fan inlet? Mine gets a heavy dust build up.

I cleaned out the cooling fan inlet with a can of compressed air. I also tired to clean the dust off the air exit holes in the light chassis. I did this previously, maybe 6 months ago.

I'll have to see how it does with today's light cycle. Thanks for the advice and reminder to clean out the fan.

Thank for all the help guys.

Kessil re-iterated the same thing I had already done (aggressive compressed air from the top-down into the fan and from the sides-in through the vents).

After a second round of cleaning, the light is back to normal. Perhaps an argument for getting in there to do this every 3-6 months to get ahead of the buildup of dust and moisture.

I appreciate your info about the Kessils. My classroom ventilation spews a lot of dust so I better add this to more frequent regular maintenance.

Back