Kessil A360/360w Pre-order

Discussion in 'Diablo Corals' started by eldiablosrt8, Mar 7, 2013.

1. eldiablosrt8

eldiablosrt8 Sponsor

Heres the scoop on the new Kessil A360/360w lights from kessil and BTW we are taking preorders so make sure you make it in quick to make it in our first shipment of lights. If you have any questions or want to preorder please pm me or call the shop, preorder numbers are limited on the first shipment to the store. We will also have goosenecks availible and the cables for pre order as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 650-IS350

650-IS350 Supporting Member

wish they would add 2-4 tiny LED moonlights on it.

3. eldiablosrt8

eldiablosrt8 Sponsor

We got one in the store up and running and roberto is working on the cable for reef amgel as we speak so i can get this bad boy running....

4. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Hmm, how do they offer spectral controlling when there's only one wire going into the thing.

5. rygh

rygh Supporting Member

From the picture, it looks like the spectral tuning is a knob.

Maxim One-Wire would work though. :)
    Write to registers to control the various LED intensities, instead of all this PWM hassle.

6. robert4025

robert4025 Sponsor

The input/output ports at actually two channels and one ground. One channel control the intensity and the other one the color.

Control signal is not PWM though. Just simple linear 0-10Vdc.

7. robert4025

robert4025 Sponsor

Also, the knobs are bypassed once a control port is active.

8. sfsuphysics

eh, you can convert the superior PWM to a 0-10V dc signal with a little additional hardware ;)

I assume they come with the cable, so you don't have to worry about having to create your own.

9. denzil

denzil Webmaster

I'm guessing the cable is an up-sell, just like the gooseneck.

10. eldiablosrt8

eldiablosrt8 Sponsor

the cables are an upsell, there will be a cable for the RK and the Apex and roberto is working on the cable for the reef angel

11. sfsuphysics

Are there any pictures of the input side of the plug anywhere online? Hopefully they didn't go all Apple and turn it into one of those proprietary type of deals.

Personally I would think a standard cord would be the easiest solution, then simply have adapters for whatever device you have.

12. eldiablosrt8

eldiablosrt8 Sponsor

so far i know they have three different cables at this point

one for Apex
    one for ReefKeeper
    jumper cable

13. tankguy

tankguy Vice President

I saw this light at Diablo. I like it and I'm slowly changing my mind on its affect with sps.

14. bondolo

bondolo Supporting Member

Oh man! This is a very, very exciting light. Now I just need to find the dough for two of them!

I wish they had gone with controllability from the beginning.

15. eldiablosrt8

eldiablosrt8 Sponsor

Dont we all, LOL!!!!