Neptune Aquatics

Killing Rock?

And then in a few days, 10 aiptasia are back, sure they might be smaller, but it certainly is no coincidence they they grow back in the same spots.

Once you have Majanos, Aptasia seem nice.

My big experiment a while back was a Bicolor Angel.
I even trained it a bit in QT, by putting in a big Majano encrusted rock.
It does eat them a bit, I have seen it.
But not enough to really help.
I thought about a Racoon Butterfly, but those just seem way too risky.

When I use Joe's-Juice weekly on them and feed less, they die back and mostly disappear.
When I get lazy, and over feed a bit, they come back.

I've been battling majanos as well, and I have to disagree, I feel they are easier to handle than aiptasia. But yeah, feed well, all these filter feeders seem to do well :D

If you'd like, I'd come over and kalk anemones with you just to get a chance to check out the monster tank. We've all been there with one reef pest or another but it'd be sad to see you hit reset on a big volume tank.

If you do decide to acid bathe your rock, I've got a 50g drum of rock, I'll trade you straight across. Ill deal with your infested rock and you can microwave rock that mostly dead anyway. I have some nice big pieces, most of it was dry rock from ocean treasures.

Well I'll see, the pests are just one issue I'm having. The problem with such a large tank is for all I know some copper and zinc coated screw could have fallen in and I'd never know yet it'd just make sure everything dies slowly :D

I did a good kalking today, so I'm good, and we'll see where it goes.

But if you want some ready to go rock, I have quite a few good sized show pieces in the tank, and I"m willing to trade you for something similar that's dry.

Ive got days off starting Tuesday midnight. I am planning to lay out the contents of my 50g drum and build one, possibly two more structures for my aquascape. I'll text you if I get that far and you can come look at the big chunks, I honestly dont have a use for them now but considering how difficult it might be to find affordable large live rock I saved them.

Let me know, I'm busy Wednesday morning, but good for the rest of the day and free most days (work nights), but thinking of my rock, I do have handful of 12-18inch + pieces (not round boulders)... ironically that stuff isn't too pest infested, but if you need some big pieces to kickstart your diversity I'm more than happy to help

(and back to your regularly scheduled topic derailment)

Back