High Tide Aquatics

Kong's eye favia

You should be fine then. Here's a shot of an artipod being consumed by a polyp.

D2X_1235b.jpg

They're relatively quick eaters and can take a lot of food. If it's getting anything, it'll just be a matter of time.

I never liked the artipods personally, or at least the original formula, because while they did float (which I believe has been fixed) but for some reason my lps (acans and the like) never went crazy for them... where as I can squirt some mysis juice on acans at night and if the tentacles aren't out they will be within a few minutes.

The new formula is much better than the old stuff; it doesn't float for one.

My LPS used to not respond to artipods, but after feeding it for awhile, they usually know it's in the water and send out tentacles a few minutes afterwards. Only exception is the aussie acan; it has tentacles out the entire day. :p

Update: still pico sized, but looking at my picture I'm guessing this is a more low light coral? Just getting that idea because the vertical growth seems a tad more greener than the horizontal growth, might not like too much light... man I'm running out of "partially shaded" tank space! Usually it's the other way around...

erickongsl1.jpg

I have 2 frags of this made up. Probably need a week to stabilize barring any problems they should be good to go. Preference of 1 frag would go to Ibn since he lost his colony. Pickup in Burlingame prefered. These things do have small sweepers and are need to be target fed but are very nice looking.

If you still have the other one available I would love to take it! I target feed my small acons with marine snow. Should this be sufficient for this favia? I can pick up at the swap if you are going!! Thanks a lot!! I am new to bar and have already started making frags of the corals I already have. I am doing this in hopes of donating them to the program while I wait for the dbtc's to grow! Thanks again!!

Is marine snow no good? I just started using cyclopeze, is this a better alternative? I just started getting into reef in January and I am learning as I go. I have a 24 gl nano cube with about 30 corals at the moment, mostly sps and lps, and a few softies from when I first started. I have done salt for a good fifteen years but just recently got into reef(which I discovered, its a whole new world in istself, and I became addicted extremely fast!). My 24gl NC is now equipped with the 150mh upgrade, a sapphire protein skimmer in chamber 1, a refugium in chamber 2, upgraded return pump and 2 koralia nano powerheads for extra flow. I have a very healthy system and have not lost any corals yet, except for zoo's. I have also started making my own frags as well, which has also gone well(only 3 so far). I am always open to criticism and comments, I am progressively learning as I go!!! Maybe you can help me out with better food choices!! Thank you for your comments and help!! I will post pics as soon as I figure out the best way to upload without having to shrink the photos down! Maybe you can help with that to, lol. Thanks again!!!

I have no idea about marine snow, but I just feed my LPS new life spectrum grow (for smaller LPS), and ocean nutrition formula one (for bigger LPS). It works well, I just cut the flow and sprinkle the lps with food.

Thanks for the info, I actually have formula one!!! I use it to feed my pair of percs. Now I will use a little extra for the corals, and like you said I will reduce flow! Do you shut of your skimmer as well?

Back