Reef nutrition

Kryptonite (neon green) Candycane

This is one of the 1st corals I got which makes it ~2 years old. As with most candycanes' it's very hardy, has survived a semi-tank crash (overheat) and has still done well. It grows at a slow to medium rate but I have 2 frags of it mounted onto disks. The color is a very bright green and is one of the strongest flourescent corals I've seen. It does fine with low/ medium light and low/ medium flow. I can bring to the Oct. meeeting and basic DBTC rules apply.

Sorry I should have updated this thread when I received the frag. Not sure when I received this but the polyps are getting much bigger now..

Here is a pic showing it eats mysis shrimp 8) ..
greencandycane.jpg

Glad to see it's growing for you. It's my slowest growing Candycane, which complies with the general rule, "the prettier the coral, the slower the growth" ;D

Phong, what does this candy cane look like compared to the one you got from me (asked since both Cookiejar and I called them the same thing) but mine goes super fast for me, and he said his was a slow grower

His is much greener. His is actually a Krytonite. Yours is not. Your is a light green. It's only green under heavy actinic. Under 14K bulb, it's just a light green.

[quote author=Elite link=topic=4630.msg85684#msg85684 date=1236008524]
Yup.. 14K 150WMH..
[/quote]

looks like way more red in the pic of the frag I gave you (the sand being the tip off)

I had algae issue when I took that pic.. Look at the other pic. You will see the samething on the sand bed..

I don't see any red but then I'm colorblind ..

Back