Cali Kid Corals

Kurplunks old and new tank

Well i have had my current 135g up for close to 5 years now. After years of equipment collecting I guess it is time to actually set something new up. First off some pics of the old tank.

These pic are a bit old and when I was really putting time into my tank. I've had my new 150g for awhile and after some major procrastinating I might as well put water in the thing. Thanks to those who have tried to motivate me to get up off my arse like Ray and Ed. I figure this posting will force me to move forward.

Yeah but it is hard to keep corals and rock suspended in the middle. I'm going to try something like ians, but the doors are a bit different. I appreciate the offer on the hinges phong, but my problem is the doors themselves.

I just don't like the way the doors look when they are closed. They leave huge gaps all the way around. I just would like something way cleaner. Im going to play with the hinges and see what i can do about the gaps. I was planning on running a refugium. When the lights are on under the cabinet it will make the gaps stand out.

Well here is a look at the 8bulb tek fixture that I'm going to use. I layed it on top to get an idea of how much it will actually cover. Also the under cabinet full of used equipment i plan to use. The sump was courtesy of Ed (Dr. Dolittle), thank Ed. Which is going to work out awesome. It has a refugium compartment and enough room for my MSX 200. It does have one too many baffles, but those could be cut out. An Eheim 1262 for a return pump, old geo kalk reactor, and schuran calcium reactor. I'm just going to run the doors and call it a day.

Glad you made a post about this Daniel. Maybe you'll actually get the tank setup with some added pressure from the rest of the BAR members!

Seriously, let's get that thing setup! Let me know when you need a hand ;)

Phong, come get some zoas from me =D

[quote author=rleechb link=topic=4282.msg52360#msg52360 date=1218736220]
Glad you made a post about this Daniel. Maybe you'll actually get the tank setup with some added pressure from the rest of the BAR members!

Seriously, let's get that thing setup! Let me know when you need a hand ;)

Phong, come get some zoas from me =D
[/quote]

Yeah I figured the same thing. I was thinking maybe friday. It should only take me a day to clean up that stand and throw water in. Let me know when your free.

Back