High Tide Aquatics

Kurplunks old and new tank

[quote author=rleechb link=topic=4282.msg52360#msg52360 date=1218736220]
Phong, come get some zoas from me =D
[/quote]

Sure Ray.. frag them and I will come over to pick up ;D ..

Well it's been some time since I started this thread in hopes that it would get me going on setting up my tank. However I underestimated the time and energy that a new baby would take. So my plans were a bit altered, but I'm hoping to still complete my project. My son managed to get his little piece of the ocean up before I did. So i wanted to share a couple pics.

Nice..dang.. his growin fast..

get him started on loving fishes, that way you have an excuse to upgrading or to say, "sorry honey, but DJ loves that tank" hahaha

I'll be in your shoe in 7 months..

Ed-Yeah he is a biggin. 4months now. The painting was a present he got for his baptism. His uncle painted it for him. He joked that it's taken me longer to put water in a tank than it took him to do the painting. Congrats on the new edition Ed!

Eric-Thanks! We're real happy, and fortunate for our little guy.

Danny, I still havn't seen him! We need to hook up soon!!! You watchin Lesner & Couture? Randy is gonna school him!!!!!!! as long as he doesn't catch one of those cinder blocks Brock has for fists!

[quote author=drdoolittle link=topic=4282.msg63500#msg63500 date=1226437550]
dude.. thats a painting not a poster?

how much does he charge to have my babies room painted?
[/quote]

That's what I want to know too.. Very cool...

Ken-We need to hook up. I've just been super busy. It seems i've had something going every weekend. I can;t catch the fight because of a 50th anniversary party this weekend. Maybe on a friday or something. Hit me up.

Ian-I'm hoping soon. I just ordered some new ro/di filters so i can start filling it.

Ed/Phong- Yeah my uncle painted it for my son as a present. He was going to put it right on the wall, but if i ever wanted to paint the room it would suck to paint over. So he put it on a thin piece of wood veneer skin. He wanted it thin so it looked like it was painted right on the wall. He incorporated every fish i've had with the exception of the cuttle fish and the turtles. It went great since my son's room is decorated in an ocean theme.

So finally I'm ready to make the switch. After talking to a few people I figure I can make the switch in one day. I'll mix the water ahead of time and transfer over some of the rock that is not buried in the sand. As far as the stand goes, I'm going to just face the current stand that I have with veneer and trim. I'm remodeling my living room at the same time so its been kinda hectic.

Well I finally broke down my 135g and added water to my 150g last night. I was able to transfer almost all the water from my 135 without stirring up the sand bed. So far so good. I was able to bring the water level up to right below the overflow line. I'm going to get all the plumbing going tonight. Fortunately I was able to store all my corals in a neighbors tank. This is making this move so much easier. I have had my 135 running for over 5 years now, with a few changes over the years. It started out as a fish only, then to a softie tank and LPS, and finally to a mixed reef with SPS.

Here are some pics of the first day my tank was running. The plumbing is a little rough but i'm happy with the results so far. I added a penductor that I didn't think was going to work, but suprised me with the force it has. I'm going to rework a few things, but the test corals I have in there are doing great. I went with a foam that had a reflective side which has worked out great. The light seems to be super intense reflecting off the bottom. The fish iv'e put in are doing well also. With the exception of my mystery wrasse that didn't make it. :'(

I have access holes all along the back to attach pumps as i need. I have two vortechs and a maxi jet mod i plan on using. This week i'm going to work on the electrical and start skinning my stand. Unfortunately my doors and canopy will not be ready till the end of the month. Most of my rock will not even make it into the tank for another month, due to the massive amounts of algae. I'll have to post pics tomorrow of the tank with lights on. It looks a little ghetto right now, but I'm just getting started!

Back