got ethical husbandry?

Kurplunks old and new tank

DannyMarch09148.jpg
DannyMarch09149.jpg
[/img]

damn nice lookin setups. lots of corals. i need some more my tank looks bare compared to you lol. also nice meeting you at the last stop of the day sunday.

I actually just transfered all of my corals from a friends tank on saturday. The pieces in the picture are just some test pieces i had in there.

Eric-I'm actually going to take rock out as the corals grow. I want to go with as little rock as possible. I want the corals to build the landscape not the rock. I also have a lot more fish so it will give them plenty of room to swim. I still have to work on skinning the stand and finish up the doors and canopy. I just picked up a cole parmer pump for my calcium reactor so hopefully i'll have that up and running soon.

After talking to Ian yesterday I realized there is no way around setting up my Schuran without a good peristalic pump. So I ordered a Cole Parmer w/quick change head today so hopefully I can get that bad boy on line this weekend.

Cool, make sure what kind of tubing you need for the head. I have lots of size 25 norprene tubing if you need it. I ordered a 50 foot section from cole parmer.

Thanks Ian. I let you know. The head model # is 7518-10 if that tells you anything. I'm guessing the size of tubing depends on how i want to push through? I was also thinking of maybe using my Kalk reactor as an effluent chamber or even modifying a phosban reactor.

for sure you need a good pump for the Schuran, I'm using the same Cole Palmer. Its pretty much set it and forget it for me.

Once you have the calcium reactor tuned, dont think you'll need your Kalk reactor. I was using one, then took it off line. The Schuran was more than enough for my tank.

Looks good Daniel, Much Nicer stand than what it originaly came with! ;) Wish i could have seen it in person since i was over at Jose place over the weekend.

Back