got ethical husbandry?

last dumb equipment question

i beleive my blue tang may have Ick.... what do i need to build a quarantine tank????

i was never told to quarantine my tang before adding it when i bought so i fell behind on the learning curve. he has a few small white dots on him and i beleive its due to stress.....

can some one give me a list of what i need to build a tank so i can try and dip him and let him sit outside before he hurts anyone else

Jess don't panic. Blue tangs are notorious for having Ich. As long as he is swimming and eating ok, and you don't see him in distress and having a hard time breathing don't worry about it. Just make sure your water is in good shape and feed them plenty of food and it should clear it self in a couple of days.

Ditto to what Brian said. You may also want to try to enrich the food you feed with selcon and garlic (like garlic guard). It may help the tang get rid of the ich.

I feed this to my tangs along with Nori. http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/new-life-spectrum-thera-a-garlic-anti-parasitic-formula.html
Several of them battled with ich when i got them but all of them are fat and healthy now.

iani said:
Ditto to what Brian said. You may also want to try to enrich the food you feed with selcon and garlic (like garlic guard). It may help the tang get rid of the ich.
+1 Thanks Ian I forgot to mention that. I have and use both.

iani said:
Anywhere local I can pick either of them up......

I don't personally like the store, but they usually stock a ton of stuff: Aquarium Concepts in Dublin may have them. You can give them a call.

Gomer said:
I don't personally like the store, but they usually stock a ton of stuff: Aquarium Concepts in Dublin may have them. You can give them a call.
+1 You could also try calling Neptune they might have it.

Back