High Tide Aquatics

LE Pumkin Patch Chalice

dswong01. I have a thread of my current running tank as well as my new setup which should be getting the transfer this week!!! Lps flourish in my tank!!!! Would be back in dbtc soon!

70cuda my tank thread was in this thread:
http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?topic=2375.0
But I posted a current one in member tank journal. http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?topic=6267.0
My Tank is 70 percent SPS and 30 percent LPS. 90 percent of corals in tank were grown from frags.

[quote author=newreefnut link=topic=5664.msg79498#msg79498 date=1234141489]
dswong01. I have a thread of my current running tank as well as my new setup which should be getting the transfer this week!!! Lps flourish in my tank!!!! Would be back in dbtc soon!
[/quote]

If you are just doing a tank transfer this week, you should wait on adding anything to you tank. Esp something fresh cut.

My current tank will still be set up. I am planning on housing the corals from the swap in the current tank on frag racks and frag stands. I am just going to transfer some rock and a few corals over to the new tank. I wont be doing a complete transfer for a couple of weeks probably! The new tank has been running since superbowl Sunday, got live rock in the sump and I used all ro water except for 5 gallons from my current tank when I did a water change. Just checked parameters yesterday and they are all in order!!! I am just going to add my mushroom rocks (which I am going to get rid of) and a devils hand as well as some snails and hermits today, just to make sure everything is cool. I should be aquascaping with cured live rock this weekend and I will probably start adding stuff slowly over the next 2 weeks(the new frags from the swap will be the last to go in). What do you think Ian?

Sounds like a good plan. If you are not doing a full transfer into your new tank right now it should be fine.

k, cool. I was planning on doing just a little at a time over the next 2 weeks! I will be acclimating them just as I would if I brought them home from a store, swap, etc...
Thanks!!!

70Cuda, one thing I would recommend is fragging them at the end of the swap. You don't want to frag it early and have the frags sitting in water slimming up.

the frag winners may want to bring some extra water whcih they can use in one of the large tubs I'll bring (residual bar tubs)....again, to dilute the slime.

Here is a picture Amy.
70cudachalice.jpg

:eek:
70cudachalice1.jpg

Back