Kessil

LE sunburst favia

But I don't wanna frag it, it looks so cute and round and smooth, no need to chop it up into little bits! :D

Before I offer frags, Eric, you get this piece back? I heard you had a little incident?

Either way I'll see if I can chop two frags out of this then people can fight to the death at the next bar meeting over it.

Well I can always hold off until the one after, I honestly don't know if I'll make the next meeting either... plus spot feeding these guys at a depth of 24" is a bit more challenging than it was before :D

Thanks, looking at the three pictures I posted in this thread, sucker got spicy hot!

I need mysis though, I'm out, and I need to feed this sucker, because while it looks nice and large in the picture that's still just a regular sized frag plug it's on :D

Yup. I picked up another from the same person as before after mine went kaput. Growing it out to cover the plug rock that it's on (20+ polyps) at the moment.

sunburst_favia_110808.jpg

Hey Eric,

Can you do the honors of picking a couple names from among the people that are up for growing this?

Have some names on the the previous pages too.

Sure thing, Norm. :)

Perry has been waiting for this one for awhile now; same with Daniel. If anything, I'd like the pieces to go to them since I know they can provide for the corals, plus the fact that they've contributed significantly to the DBTC program.

Sounds good. Thanks, Eric.

With those guys growing them, there'll be frags a'plenty in no time :)

Pick up at April meeting? Or I can pass them to someone who can pick up for you guys?

I should have a couple ready, it was the size of the frag plug, I sliced it in half, one half goes onto my "permanent" rockwork, the other half I'll keep on the plug and let it heal up. Last time I fragged this (and the kong's eye) both frags didn't survive. Looks better now though, last time they died within a couple days.

Back