LED options for 48X31x20 tank

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by ReefLove, Jan 20, 2013.

1. ReefLove

ReefLove Guest

I just wanted to know before ordering the tank, I already ordered it. Yes I have many months to think, thinking does not help unless you can try few options.

2. aqua-nut

aqua-nut Supporting Member

I hear you, bro!

Going on one year here. Wet soon!

3. aqua-nut

You need to see Joe at Joe's Aquarium and Reef Rental! Try before you buy.

Unfortunately, there is NO JA&RR. :(

The only solution is to take a look at pictures, YouTube video, visit stores and local reefers. See what stuff looks like and TAKE YOUR BEST GUESS! It's only money...

4. ReefLove

ReefLove Guest

JA&RR??

5. ReefLove

ReefLove Guest

Where is it located. .

6. eldiablosrt8

eldiablosrt8 Sponsor

to make this easy for you, come by the shop i will loan you a kessil A350w so you can put it over the tank i think you will be surprised that the W at 8-10" off the water will cover your tank just fine front to back, most other fixtures(even the standard A350) can really only handle a 24x24 footprint IME....

7. ReefLove

ReefLove Guest

Thanks Jesse. I was gonna drop by this weekends anyways. I'm gonna order two clowns from you and an Anemone and need to set up QT too.

8. denzil

denzil Webmaster

Have a separate tank setup for your QT?

9. ReefLove

ReefLove Guest

For now, I'm gonna set up 10 gal, will get it from petco. HOB filter. And I have hood and light. From freshwater tank.

10. denzil

denzil Webmaster

I have the same setup. :)

11. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Jess, you are the man. That's pretty much the coolest thing ever!

12. aqua-nut

That would be Joe's Aquarium & Reef Rental! Never pass up the opportunity to coin an acronym! Sorry to confuse. There is no such place.

13. gimmito

gimmito Supporting Member

Nish-you might want to hold off on getting a anemone. It's typically recommended to wait 9-12 months for your tank to mature before adding one.

14. iCon

iCon Supporting Member

I'll put the over/under on this one at 3 months. ;)

15. ReefLove

ReefLove Guest

Thanks Jim, Obviously I didn't know. What is the logic behind waiting ? Water params? Is there any link you can share where I can read further ?

16. ReefLove

ReefLove Guest

I got the info. It all depends on the tank params. I will wait until my params are stable for 4 straight months.