Reef nutrition

LED options for 48X31x20 tank

Vincerama2 said:
"What's the rush? You don't have a tank yet, do you? Remember the mantra of fishkeeping, "Nothing good happens fast"!"

Please tell my wife this, who is wondering why the 180g tank I bought almost 2 years ago is still in the garage.

No wait, don't tell her that. In fact, don't ever mention it!

V

I just wanted to know before ordering the tank, I already ordered it. Yes I have many months to think, thinking does not help unless you can try few options.

Vincerama2 said:
"What's the rush? You don't have a tank yet, do you? Remember the mantra of fishkeeping, "Nothing good happens fast"!"

Please tell my wife this, who is wondering why the 180g tank I bought almost 2 years ago is still in the garage.

No wait, don't tell her that. In fact, don't ever mention it!

V

I hear you, bro!

Going on one year here. Wet soon!

ReefLove said:
I just wanted to know before ordering the tank, I already ordered it. Yes I have many months to think, thinking does not help unless you can try few options.

You need to see Joe at Joe's Aquarium and Reef Rental! Try before you buy.

Unfortunately, there is NO JA&RR. :(

The only solution is to take a look at pictures, YouTube video, visit stores and local reefers. See what stuff looks like and TAKE YOUR BEST GUESS! It's only money...

to make this easy for you, come by the shop i will loan you a kessil A350w so you can put it over the tank i think you will be surprised that the W at 8-10" off the water will cover your tank just fine front to back, most other fixtures(even the standard A350) can really only handle a 24x24 footprint IME....

eldiablosrt8 said:
to make this easy for you, come by the shop i will loan you a kessil A350w so you can put it over the tank i think you will be surprised that the W at 8-10" off the water will cover your tank just fine front to back, most other fixtures(even the standard A350) can really only handle a 24x24 footprint IME....

Thanks Jesse. I was gonna drop by this weekends anyways. I'm gonna order two clowns from you and an Anemone and need to set up QT too.

ReefLove said:
eldiablosrt8 said:

Thanks Jesse. I was gonna drop by this weekends anyways. I'm gonna order two clowns from you and an Anemone and need to set up QT too.
Have a separate tank setup for your QT?

denzil said:
ReefLove said:
eldiablosrt8 said:

For now, I'm gonna set up 10 gal, will get it from petco. HOB filter. And I have hood and light. From freshwater tank.

ReefLove said:
denzil said:
ReefLove said:
eldiablosrt8 said:

For now, I'm gonna set up 10 gal, will get it from petco. HOB filter. And I have hood and light. From freshwater tank.
I have the same setup. :)

Nish-you might want to hold off on getting a anemone. It's typically recommended to wait 9-12 months for your tank to mature before adding one.

gimmito said:
Nish-you might want to hold off on getting a anemone. It's typically recommended to wait 9-12 months for your tank to mature before adding one.

I'll put the over/under on this one at 3 months. ;)

gimmito said:

Thanks Jim, Obviously I didn't know. What is the logic behind waiting ? Water params? Is there any link you can share where I can read further ?

I got the info. It all depends on the tank params. I will wait until my params are stable for 4 straight months.

Back