Neptune Aquatics

LED suplemental light strips and venders at Baymac

nope, 4x t5's... typo :( Didn't even see it the second time around :lol:

but you paid shipping which limits the tax break. And it is good to support your local LFS if you can. IMO, paying a little more for local helps keep the LFS in business rather than an out of state place in business.

Gomer said:
but you paid shipping which limits the tax break. And it is good to support your local LFS if you can. IMO, paying a little more for local helps keep the LFS in business rather than an out of state place in business.

This.... and that was my point. There are several dealers in the Bay Area the need your business. Use them now of loose them. Etailers don't need your money, but our LFS do, as does out state. Not paying sales tax hurts the LFS, our state and you in the long run.

GreshamH said:
nope, 4x t5's... typo :( Didn't even see it the second time around :lol:
I don't know why I'm being such a butt head today, guess it's cause Gresh is usually right about everything! :bigsmile:

I love supporting the lfs and our sponsers, but as for the tax issue...I hate paying and extra 10% so the dumb basterds in charge can freaking waste it on bullsh!t. I think we all pay plenty of money in taxes and fees to our wonderfully ineffective government every time we earn or spend a dime that they should have plenty if money, but instead our schools, health care system, roads, etc, etc... Are all in an embarrassing state of disrepair AND we run a budget deficit (not like we can hardly even agree on a budget in the first place). Anyhow this thread has gone Terribly off topic.
I do believe if the lfs could have any reefbrites in stock they would fare a lot better.

Talk about Pandora's Box :O
Bottom Line: Chose the Reef Brite fix for supplemental. For those of us that have blue LED's as supplemental lighting, please share what your main lighting sources are and your schedule including the LED's. I'd sure be interested..... H)

I run 2 250w 20k radium MH with Lumenarc mini's and 1 48" reefbrite blue led for my suplementation. MY lighting schedule is

RB on @ 1:00pm
Right MH on @ 2:30
Left MH on @ 3:00
Right MH off @ 8:30
Left MH off @ 9:00
RB off @ 9:30

Vely Intelesting............ :| so you run the leds the entire cycle of the other lights then plus a little longer. Hmmmm. I see the sense in that.......thanks, Brian.

On my display I have them on an on/ off switch, so when I want to watch the tank they go on, otherwise they're off. I thought about putting them on a timer but I have MH and 1 ATI Blue+ so I don't need the PAR, which is minimal anyway.

Good Question with a good answer. :|
I asked Robert and Cerrissa first, but they said the current order was spoken for and I'd be waiting a minimum of 2 weeks to get one. My need for instant gratification motivated me to purchase it from the first person with stock. Jason from Premium Aquatics was the first to call me and verify stock. He will, indeed, be shipping it with no shipping cost and the price is right in there with the fair pricing that all the good suppliers are offering. Don't worry guys, I've brought home enough coral from my buddies at Neptune that I may be awarded an honorary Co. stock certificate. 0:)

Im in the same boat as John. I ordered my strip from an online dealer.

Im not trying to thumb my nose at our sponsors, i really do appreciate them. Our club covers a pretty large chunk of land. Getting down to SJ for dry goods isnt practical. I realize that SJ is the real hub for aquarist in the Bay, but im stuck up in the city.

Its not like i ordered them from Walmart :ghost:

Everybody is broke these days. The States, the LFS, us. I agree its more important than ever to be aware of where we send our hard earned dollars, but its hard to sell somebody on spending 15% more and driving an hour and a half each way for a sponsor.

Back