Reef nutrition

Leemar Starphire 290

Kris, can you also bring me some of the coraline scrapping from your tank - maybe in a ziplock bag? with a little water.( at the tank tour or at BAP)....I would like to seed my tank with it. I have a hard time going coraline in my larger tank.

Me too, please!

My tank seems to be coraline challenged. :)

Just playing with pictures and was comparing the tank from just over a year ago.

This is September, 2012

This is October, 2013

Top down shots with the light canopy

Happened to capture a couple nice shots ........

Coral Banded Shrimp

Male Lyertail Anthias

If it wasn't for the fact that I would pay an arm and a leg for electricity to heat the thing, I would absolutely love to have a top viewing pool. Hell when I moved tanks once I used a pond liner to house all my fish and coral with 1 metal halide over it, and man that looked sweet as all hell. Evaporation would bankrupt me though

No matter how many times I see this tank I am always fascinated. It has grown in beautifully over the last year. Keep up the great work Kris!

Great to see you today! your tank is looking amazing!

Thanks Jon. It was so cool to see your tank today. The fish, coral and inverts were all amazing. I am very inspired to get my tank to the point that it has large, mature coral. So beautiful! Thanks to your family and friends for the hospitality today. The pond was a great bonus as well.

Love seeing the progression in these first 2 pics. BTW, it was great meeting you during the tank tour.

Thanks DeeAnn!
Great meeting you as well. The tank tours are so cool. I am glad we have been doing them lately.

Glad you like the progress shots. Probably be more of those in the near future. Been documenting the coral growth / progress / coloration, etc. Took some cool shots today while doing some maintenance. I'll post soon.

Some coral progression shots.

Blue Tenuis coral.

Same coral today

Tri Color Acro

Same coral today

Cali Torte......I tried to kill this one a few times.

Finally taking off.

Yellow / green Acro. Didn't do much for a very long time.

Now starting to take off.

Some other fun shots I got today.

Beautiful new Milli.......given by Bob (tankguy). Thanks!

Amazing Sun Coral! This thing gets HUGE at night. Has a neat White polyp at the top. Given by Dan (Tr1gger). This thing is a pig Dan, I love it!

I don't have a lot of Zoa's, but I do love these guys.

Green Torte! Very cool growth pattern and amazing color under actinics!

Reverse Superman Monti. This thing is really taking over, but I really like it.

Miagi Torte.....This is a DBTC from Ron (Zeroinverse). It is really starting to take off. The picture doesn't do the color justice. It's a nice deep purple / blue on the tips and a cream colored body that fades into a hint of green. So cool!

Pocillipora given by Arnold (Apon). This thing has amazing color!

Close up of a Tri Color tips.

Rasberry Lemonade Acro given by Bob (tankguy). The color doesn't come through in the pic. Has a very faint yellow to the skin.......especially under actinic. Polyps have a very maroon color.

yeah what's the time frame on some of those growths? "This is a frag at the swap, here's the 6 inch wide colony 2 weeks later after dosing with whale urine and butter""

Back