Jestersix

Leemar Starphire 290

I have a saw you can use
;)

Thanks Erin, Ron was able to get the nem off, so I didn't have to break the rock!! ;) Nem is in the fuge, and the Clown was in it within minutes. Keep in mind, this clown was in this nem for several years before they were split up. So it was a happy reunion. :) Now the Maroon clown in the tank is not too happy, but she has a beautiful RBTA to play in.

Happy together again. The nem has been slowly expanding throughout the evening.

I'll just leave this here for you

tE2j6og.jpg

Thanks Dan. The pic doesn't do the size of that rock justice. That thing was huge. Thanks again for the help.

So we were able to get the Nem off the rock and into the fuge.

We spent a lot of time thinking about how we wanted to put everything back together. We could have simply put the rock back the way it was and add from there. However I wanted to change it up a bit, and we came up with the idea to put the cup coral near the back, insead of front and center. This turned out pretty cool. It's lare enough now, that it is still quite a feature, even from the back. It also really spotlights the Christmas Monti. Before I barely noticed it, now it just pops! By turning the rock, it put the blue stag right up front. It is a beautiful deep blue that is pretty much impossible to take a picture of. I superglued it back together. LOL! Hey, it works.

Here are some pics after cleaning the tank up again.

The more I see it the more I dig it. Not to mention the free space and brining that green acro with red tips in the back under more light will be awesome as well. All good decisions and happy to help :)

We can call the blue stag the humpty dumpty stag, we glued it back together again!

The more I see it the more I dig it. Not to mention the free space and brining that green acro with red tips in the back under more light will be awesome as well. All good decisions and happy to help :)

We can call the blue stag the humpty dumpty stag, we glued it back together again!

After I got it all cleaned up, I I spent about an hour cleaning up for dinner. When I came back down the tank had cleared up and I got a chance to really look at it. I am actually very pleased. I am also excited that the setosa is now getting some much needed light. Hopefully that thing will go nuts! Always exciting to change things up a bit.

I was also excited when I looked at these pics when I got home. This was under the Ecoxotic lights only. The kessils were off. Seems the camera liked this lighting a bit more. Maybe just not as bright, or less blues?? Anyway, stoked!

Phew! After reading this thread for a week and a half I have reached the end! Amazing work and love seeing the progression shots. Really sums up what I love about reefing. Nice to meet you at Neptune last weekend! I hope the tank I get from there turns out half as nice as yours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Phew! After reading this thread for a week and a half I have reached the end! Amazing work and love seeing the progression shots. Really sums up what I love about reefing. Nice to meet you at Neptune last weekend! I hope the tank I get from there turns out half as nice as yours.

Thanks for taking the time to read through, I hope you found some helpful stuff. It was very cool to meet you. Eric if I recall? I'm glad you found Neptunes, I hear it is tough to find stuff down in Monterey, but it's worth the trip up for some of the awesome stores we have here in the Bay Area. Good luck on the tank, and smart move joining this forum. Lot's of help awaits.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's Aaron and I'm glad to be part of the club myself. I'm getting a 30g frag tank tomorrow to prepare for the big tank and start growing out some frags both for the DT and to trade at the frag swap. The fun begins!

I remember seeing your thread on RC and I was stoked to see you were in the Bay Area. Awesome tank and glad to see that you're on here too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some cell phone photos I took a few weeks ago. Not too bad and one is during a water change so you can see the tips of the corals out of the wafter :)

Some fun shots taken over this last week. I have a few new additions that are really cool. I got a small Golden Dwarf Moray Eel from a guy down in San Jose. Video coming soon. Also got a beautiful Red Fromia star that is also extremely active. When you stare at it, it seems motionless, but when you turn your back, suddenly it's somewhere else. Very cool. Also managed to keep a harptail blenny that is now getting along nicely with the Starry Blenny and the rest of the tank. Took several days to work things out. It is a very fun fish. Anyway, pics......

The Eel peeking out from the rocks. Do you see it?

Beautiful purple sponge that Jim (gimmito) gave me.

New starfish with the green tenuous, Mike's (coralreefer) red tabling acro and Arnolds (apon) pocillipora.

The Starry Blenny chillin in the sand.

New ORA Bird of Paradise. Stunning coral.

Back