Reef nutrition

Leemar Starphire 290

Nice tour. Tank is looking great.

You didn't explain the function of that furry spotted thing laying on the floor next to the skimmer!
Tank security? :D

Come on man where do you mix your salt!? You dump 80 gallons with a turn of a switch, where are you mixing 80 gallons of water up!! :D

Really awesome though Kris. That's one thing I noticed with all the tank tours, while the tanks themselves were awesome quite a few people want to talk about the setup and not the animals :D

Nice tour. Tank is looking great.

You didn't explain the function of that furry spotted thing laying on the floor next to the skimmer!
Tank security? :D

Oh, her function is to make me step over her. She is very good at her job. ;)

K-man
I see that you have a very well organized and thriving....problem!
:)
Looking good there Mr Medic

Thanks Erin, it's still goin!

Come on man where do you mix your salt!? You dump 80 gallons with a turn of a switch, where are you mixing 80 gallons of water up!! :D

Really awesome though Kris. That's one thing I noticed with all the tank tours, while the tanks themselves were awesome quite a few people want to talk about the setup and not the animals :D

LOL! Yes, I have a very complicated, super double secret Brut garbage can set up. Maybe the next video. ;)
It's good to see what people are doing that is working, and what might not be working.

@Kmooresf, great video and a phenomenal reef setup :)

Thanks man. Appreciate it.

It's good to see what people are doing that is working, and what might not be working.
I hear you, I measured the calcium of my tank yesterday and it read 280... 2 frickign 80! The tank isn't that new, the corals are not that numerous, why has my calcium dropped so much! So yeah next day or so I need to go about testing the salt mix, testing my refractometer to make sure it's reading accurate, but either way I didn't think I'd need to start dosing so damn early.

Hey the clam made it back in the tank! ever thought about adding a dozen chomis? I school of fish would look great. You tank is everything mine is not : ( I am sorry to report I lost some of those sps you gave me...not sure why, but the my normal sps is still growing well. I need to set Nov tank tour soon.

Man, talk about dream system. Super sweet!

Thanks Devon, that's exactly what it is. 15 years of tanks before planning this one. It's been an awesome adventure so far.

I hear you, I measured the calcium of my tank yesterday and it read 280... 2 frickign 80! The tank isn't that new, the corals are not that numerous, why has my calcium dropped so much! So yeah next day or so I need to go about testing the salt mix, testing my refractometer to make sure it's reading accurate, but either way I didn't think I'd need to start dosing so damn early.

LOL! It NEVER ends!!

What is the total wattage for all of your lights?

Kessil = 630w
Ecoxotic marine = 145w
Ecoxotic stunner = 72w
moonlight = 10w
TOTAL = 857 watts

Hey the clam made it back in the tank! ever thought about adding a dozen chomis? I school of fish would look great. You tank is everything mine is not : ( I am sorry to report I lost some of those sps you gave me...not sure why, but the my normal sps is still growing well. I need to set Nov tank tour soon.

Yup, the clam is back and doing very well. Not really sure who was picking at it originally, however haven't seen any problems since. Sorry about the frags. I have several nice frags at the moment if your looking for any. I always look forward to tank tours. LOVE checking out tanks in person.

Awesome video. It was definitely entertaining to see how you support a 300 gallon system. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Denzil.

got a bunch of questions after seeing your video, figured I'd ask here instead of during my next visit, incase some folk have the same questions and before i forget!!:

1. You mentioned that your calc reactor stabilizes your alk? [~3:45] (Sorry I know nothing of calc reactors)
2. You're using two water blasters, and it looks like both of them are in operation. You also mentioned one was a backup. Does this mean you can run the tank on a single pump? [~5:19]
3. Would it be simpler to use a single, larger pump? Or is the 'mirroring' of the pumps what you're after?
4. Can you confirm, that you're not dosing kalkwasser now? [~6:26] It almost looks as if the reactor is on.
5. When you drain from that extra tubing, how do you know when to stop, and how much do you know to add back?

Spent about an hour answering your questions after work this morning. Explaining my experience with the calcium reactor and added links to the threads I used. Clicked to preview to make sure the links worked. Got a "maintenance" screen. Hit the back button to copy the work, got the same maintenance message. Lost the entire thing. Not stoked. I'll try to find some time over the weekend to respond again.

Spent about an hour answering your questions after work this morning. Explaining my experience with the calcium reactor and added links to the threads I used. Clicked to preview to make sure the links worked. Got a "maintenance" screen. Hit the back button to copy the work, got the same maintenance message. Lost the entire thing. Not stoked. I'll try to find some time over the weekend to respond again.

Oh yeeeesh. Bummer.

hehehe... spend thirty minutes thinking of insightful response to something, type up a masterpiece that even the greatest literary minds in the world would weep to read, hit reply, get server error, fine I'll just hit the back button and copy it then paste it later... wait, where did it go? DAMN YOU INTERNET!!!!!

hehehe... spend thirty minutes thinking of insightful response to something, type up a masterpiece that even the greatest literary minds in the world would weep to read, hit reply, get server error, fine I'll just hit the back button and copy it then paste it later... wait, where did it go? DAMN YOU INTERNET!!!!!

Yup, pretty much that.

awww crap! ok i'll ask them again on saturday so you won't have to type it all out.

@denzil do you happen to know what causes the maintenance message?

Kris, btw the next time you give your chaeto ball a haircut let me know looks like a very simple and effective way to keep it from floating away and keeps it under the light.

Back