Cali Kid Corals

Leemar Starphire 290

Thanks.

I use 6 Tunze 6105's. I started with 4 (two on each side wall) however found that I had some dead spots in the back, near the overflow. So I added two more on the back wall, shooting accross the bottom.

It was recommended that I sell the 4 that I had, and buy two of the new 6255's. However, I already had the 4, and I like being able to aim each of them at different points to get more random flow. Although I hear the new 6255's are pretty amazing.

They also have a new Stream 3 that does a gyro kind of thing, like the maxspect gyre's. Haven't researched them much, but they look interesting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like that idea of 2 on the back wall.
With my setup, I have no "easy" way to get access for a magnet, but nothing is impossible.

What level? Pretty close to max flow? Random?

I have 2 x 6125 + 1 x Koralia + 1 RW8 now. Not enough flow, and only partially controllable. So am looking for a pretty major upgrade.
The 6255 is certainly interesting, especially with the large propeller.
Considering Neptune WAV also.

My tank is 88x28x24, so similar size.

I like that idea of 2 on the back wall.
With my setup, I have no "easy" way to get access for a magnet, but nothing is impossible.

What level? Pretty close to max flow? Random?

I have 2 x 6125 + 1 x Koralia + 1 RW8 now. Not enough flow, and only partially controllable. So am looking for a pretty major upgrade.
The 6255 is certainly interesting, especially with the large propeller.
Considering Neptune WAV also.

My tank is 88x28x24, so similar size.

Lot's of good options out there. I think I upgraded the magnet on the two pumps on the back wall, just to make sure they stay put. I'll have to check out the WAV. Not familiar with it.

Lot's of good options out there. I think I upgraded the magnet on the two pumps on the back wall, just to make sure they stay put. I'll have to check out the WAV. Not familiar with it.
Yes, I updated magnet as well. (Works, but why I have to spend $50 extra.... Grr)

WAV seems to have a tighter flow. Good/Bad.
The key thing is it is controllable from Apex. Nice, plus it means you get an alert when it stops.

The good thing about the WAVs besides being able to be notified when they fail, Apex actually shows you rpm and temp of the pump in real time (+whatever delay there is between Apex, Fusion server then back to you). So you can tell when the unit is struggling and maybe a sign it needs some attention. This should prevent an actual failure by letting you have an advanced warning something is wrong.

But I do agree that they are a little narrow in flow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having the WAV controllable is pretty important to me. First off, it was super easy to set up and program the kind of flow I wanted throughout the day. Secondly, I have them automatically turn down to 1% when I feed.

I liked those Rossmont pumps I saw at MACNA, AC pumps that are absolutely tiny compared to pumps that put out similar GPH flow rates, and if you want them controllable you can (but only 2 at a time)

So all of this was just what I had sitting on the sand, or tucked in corners of the tank. Nice to finally have room to grow stuff out. I still have quite a few things I want out of the tank. I just want to keep the sand clean and open.

and the frogspawn still growing strong lol..

After seeing this tank in person....I now realize how absolutely beautiful this tank and how magnificent these corals really are. And, a great setup all the way around. Happy to take some of the corals and share with the club when you rescape and prune these giants.

After seeing this tank in person....I now realize how absolutely beautiful this tank and how magnificent these corals really are. And, a great setup all the way around. Happy to take some of the corals and share with the club when you rescape and prune these giants.

Thanks Will. That would be great.

Is the elegance doing ok?

That elegance is the bomb diggity!!!
54256fe29e0c66492ebd43d1d1e22b09.jpg

Back