Jestersix

Leemar Starphire 290

It's about 2" from the overflow teeth this morning. The tank is starting to lean a little to one side. :( the weight has taken if off level. It is very slight, but of coarse I can see it. I will have to see how bad it gets......prolly just have to live with it.

@Erin, I know you are totally right. I just decided to take the gamble. That is a LOT of tapwater to throw away. So far, so good. ;)

Sheet rock today.......hopefully some plumbing as well.

Bust out the shims and make it level. Torque and twist will crack that tank. Since you have invested r/o already, I recommend a bunch of rubbermade 44gal cans to hold the water. (or u can toss it)

Yes, listen to Erin on this. Its extremely important for your tank to be level. Especially since its a very big glass tank. How far off level are you talking about?

+1 on making it 'on the level'. It will be stronger and it will never look right with the water all on one side of the tank! :)

Been a busy day. Finished the sheet rock and am GLAD it's done. I'll be cleaning up dust for the next 1000 years. :(

Brightens up the room a bit though and makes it feel cleaner. LOL!
IMG_1823.jpg

Bought some shims today, and will level tomorrow afternoon. I will need to buy a couple more Brute 44 gallon and a new level. LOL! Mine apparently SUCKS cause it still shows the tank is level. I'll get a really long one to help. You can see the right side is less then 1/4" lower than the left. Not a lot, but noticeable.
IMG_1827.jpg

Also about the same off from back to front.
IMG_1828.jpg

I'll be very pleased if this is the worst problem I run into. ;)

It's probably level dude. Don't forget... A tank this size is affected by lunar forces :) The water will probably be on the other side of the tank at low tide. :D :bigsmile: ;) I would check it every 6 hours to be sure. LOL

Thanks Jim. Glad you were able to stop by, and thanks for the Valves.

So this is how far the tank was off level. This was actually enough to have one end of the tank almost 1/4" higher than the other.
IMG_1830.jpg

Used a boatload of shimms and we are now level! LOL!
IMG_1835.jpg

I had to drain the tank to level it, and then refilled it. I have a special drain in the tank and thought I would show you a short video of how it works. Kinda cool.

Took 8 bins to hold all the water, however with the drain, it was empty in less than 20 minutes. ;)
IMG_1834.jpg

Back on track............TAXES tomorrow. So I will have an idea if lights will be in my near future......Or VERY FAR future. LOL!

Well, taxes are done................NO lights for me. LOL! No worries, it would have been nice to get EVERYTHING for the build, but it will be fun to see whats around in 4-8 months when I can buy them.

Finally got the drains plumbed. What a PITA!! :| Wasn't able to put in the ball valves as I had hoped. just not enough room. Had a few issues with sump placement, but eventually got it plumbed. It's in, and I hope I never have to do it again. LOL! I am NOT a plumber.

An unexpected bonus of having a HUGE sump! Ha!
DSCN1287.jpg

DSCN1293.jpg

A bit tricky to get in and out though. LOL!
DSCN1300.jpg

Essentially I am hoping the double drain will be the primary and the single will be a safety.....will have to see how the flow goes with the waterblasters.
DSCN1305.jpg

Got pretty jacked up from the glue.....working inside the stand. OMG........headache!!
DSCN1306.jpg

Happy that most of the rest of the plumbing is in an open space. ;)

LOL! Just trying to get my A$% out of that thing. That is my favorite shirt. Had it about 18 years. Sometimes it fits........and others.......not so much. LOL!

It's looking good. Man, that's crazy that you had to run your plumbing from inside your sump..... and you actually fit in there :)

gimmito said:
Kris,

I have 1/2" true union ball valves if you are teeing off the return pumps to feed any reactors.

I hadn't considered using such a small one Jim.......That might be perfect. I'll get back to you. I had abandoned the idea of using the T as it raises everything too high. I was trying to avoid any 90' bends other than the T......however if I put the T inline with a little 1/2" off of it, it may work. Thanks for the idea.

@ Levi, I was very happy I could get in there, cause leaning over that beast and trying to apply pressure was NOT working out so well. ;)

Back