Neptune Aquatics

Lettuce nudi and Baby boxfish

Was someone looking for a lettuce nudi at some point? I found one thats alive and well. Going to hold it in my tank.

Also found a baby boxfish that I made sure ate before purchasing. Would it be okay if it hung out in my refugium? I had the light on for 3-4 hours a day but now Im going to leave it on for 10 since Ill be putting it in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

all about fish in phill had a bunch of baby boxfish.

take pics!! they are so adorable.

b0e6cb278ff395ab7fd8321da60a386d.jpg

f26147068b06c084958db594409706d3.jpg

There ya go! :)

I’m tempted to get the boxfish lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Its soo cute. Smaller than my thumbnail. Eats live food only... when I got it home it pooped in the bag, turned around, saw its poop and ate it... was horrifying but hilarious at the same time. It also chases bubbles...

I really wanted a lettuce nudi about 2 weeks ago.... but somehow I managed to beat my gha issue so I don't want them to potentially starve lol. They would be an interesting addition to a tank though... cute little buggers.

The nudi I got from a hobbyist. The boxfish is a secret!!! :D...

I cant wait to train it to be handfed and such. I think this ones got potential!

Just keep n mind that the box fish genus (Ostracion) can wipe out a whole tank if they get freaked out and release their ostratoxin. Having said that, i never experienced that and was successful in keeping a yellow box fish and cowfish in my softie tank. They pretty much ate everything and would it water at me. Very personable..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just keep n mind that the box fish genus (Ostracion) can wipe out a whole tank if they get freaked out and release their ostratoxin. Having said that, i never experienced that and was successful in keeping a yellow box fish and cowfish in my softie tank. They pretty much ate everything and would it water at me. Very personable..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had my first boxfish die to starvation a few days ago. It didnt do anything to the tank though. Ive read a lot of people say it never happens... maybe its a myth. Did you get your fish to eat pellets?

I had my first boxfish die to starvation a few days ago. It didnt do anything to the tank though. Ive read a lot of people say it never happens... maybe its a myth. Did you get your fish to eat pellets?

Was it this same one??

Yes, mine ate pellets but I tended to feed that tank mysis everyday.

Back