High Tide Aquatics

Lettuce Nudibranchs?

Trust me, you don’t want order online via shipping, I’ve tried 3 times and all arrived melted in bag of soup. Get it locally or get sea hare, same thing I believe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Red emerald and short spine urchins get my vote for that.

You don't want lettuce with peppermint shtimps... I think the shrimps will eat em. At least nine did

Red emerald and short spine urchins get my vote for that.

You don't want lettuce with peppermint shtimps... I think the shrimps will eat em. At least nine did
Good info, but I don't have peppermint shrimps. I do have a cleaner shrimp... will it eat them? I thought about getting a tuxedo urchin but my tank is only a 20 gallon and I just picture the thing knocking down all the coral it passes lol.

Dunno about cleaners...

I have 4 shortspine and 2 pin cushion urchins in my 13G... no issues with knocking things down except for loose plugs and frags...the urchins drag em along

My nano is super stocked too

Dunno about cleaners...

I have 4 shortspine and 2 pin cushion urchins in my 13G... no issues with knocking things down except for loose plugs and frags...the urchins drag em along

My nano is super stocked too
Nice. Would love to see a pic of your tank. Do you have a journal here?

Good info, but I don't have peppermint shrimps. I do have a cleaner shrimp... will it eat them? I thought about getting a tuxedo urchin but my tank is only a 20 gallon and I just picture the thing knocking down all the coral it passes lol.

My experience with Tuxedo urchins is that they don't get that big and spines are pretty short. Minimal damage to frags as long as you glue them down. Used to have one in my 12G nano.

Trust me, you don’t want order online via shipping, I’ve tried 3 times and all arrived melted in bag of soup. Get it locally or get sea hare, same thing I believe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I wouldn't go with a sea hare for a 20g tank. They can get big and if that thing died in a 20g tank, goodbye tank.

Where can I get fluconazole?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think you need fluconazole. Let it run its course. Your tank is still new and stabilizing. Nutrient levels will get a little out of balance because of constant new additions and changes in feeding schedule. Uglies are common in a new tank. Get a few turbos and keep up with WC schedule.

I think you'll cause more problems trying to do too much rather than letting it ride and run its due course.

Nice. Would love to see a pic of your tank. Do you have a journal here?
Here's a terrible shot but what I have on my phone at the moment... this is one of my nanos in my row of nanos... can take better shot.

The urchins made a huge diff. My tank was super clean until my workhorse urchin died, on top of an unfortunate tank crash

SmartSelect_20180412-174026_Gallery.jpg
SmartSelect_20180412-174208_Gallery.jpg

Back