Jestersix

Leveling stand on hardwood floors

Anyone have any suggestions for leveling my aquarium stand on hardwood floors?

The stand has just a barely noticeable diagonal (corner to corner) wobble. The amount of space isn't enough to slide a shim under there, but the stand needs to be on level ground as to not twist the aquarium bottom.

Taking any and all suggestions how to level and protect my floors (felt pads?)

The amount of space isn't enough to slide a shim under there, ...

Really thin shim.

Does the stand sit level when the wobble is gone?

I'm not convinced it is possible to protect a HW floor for any length of time. If you can get more of the floor you have, stockpile some for eventual replacement. Other than that, just consider replace/refinish a cost like any other house mod for a tank.

Really thin shim.

Does the stand sit level when the wobble is gone?

I'm not convinced it is possible to protect a HW floor for any length of time. If you can get more of the floor you have, stockpile some for eventual replacement. Other than that, just consider replace/refinish a cost like any other house mod for a tank.

the stand is pretty much level (bubble near center in all directions) i just need to make sure the stand is sitting 100% flush with the floor so that i don't introduce any twisting into the flat stand and onward into the glass

If it is too small for a shim, unlikely to be a structural issue.
Tanks and stands flex a bit, and they may not be perfectly flat either.
I would put the thick felt sticky-padding under all the legs. Like you do for tables.
It will compress slightly on the legs with larger load, nicely distributing the weight.
And as a bonus, you can slide the stand around before you put water in the tank. Handy for plumbing.

Back