LF acrylic tank

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by Fish Boss, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Fish Boss

Fish Boss Guest

Hey guys, my next tank I want to start is a peacock mantis tank. I will be moving my girlfriends live stock from her ( I believe it's 24 gallons ) cube to a 20L since she prefers that shape, so that acrylic tank will be open, however I think it may be a hair small. I'm looking for a large footprint, similar to a 30B or something, that's acrylic. I've been doing a ton of research on mantis' but I would appreciate any info, gear, or mantis that people are willing to share. Thanks!

2. Fish Boss

Fish Boss Guest

Also, if someone has some really weak lighting around ( I'm thinking PC's or weak LEDS ) I'll buy those too

3. scuzy

scuzy Supporting Member

I have full spectrum rapid led onyx fixtures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. Fish Boss

Fish Boss Guest

I don't know much about those. Are they 1 watt LEDs? And how many LEDs total? And of course, what would your price be?

5. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

I have this one. I only used it for a couple months. image.jpg image.jpg

6. Fish Boss

Fish Boss Guest

That is very nice, but I think it's too strong. Excessive light can cause shell rot in mantis'. I think I might just do a DIY 10- 1 watt led strip

7. Mark B

Mark B Supporting Member

8. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

I bought it for like $140 but if you read the reviews it has an issue with the switch. It's quite finicky. If you get it to where you want it set and just have it on an on/off timer then it will work great for you. The quality of light it produces is pretty good and aesthetically pleasing. Any time you need to use the switch on it though you'll be frustrated. For that reason I'd sell it for 1/2 what I bought it for so $70. I'm in south San Jose but I'm working on a project in Palo Alto tomorrow and may be able to meet up with you. I can let you try it out first if you want. If you like it you can just PayPal me and if not then just drop it back to me.

9. Mark B

Mark B Supporting Member

I cant today, I am slammed with work. Let me think about it.
    Mark