Kessil

LF blastos

i am looking for some blastos for the new tank....im going to add alot of lps to tank this time around..... hit me up with what you have and if you wanna sell or trade

Hey Jess,
I've got quite the garden of blastos. Some are very unusual and some are unique to my tank among our members. Is the new tank completely cycled? If you are pretty sure your tank will support them, I've got at least a couple that I would trade for blastos that I don't have. I have one that you will want for sure that's fluffy mocha with ultra bright green centers. I also have some more common but ultra nice orange/green centers. Let's swap some photos and let me know when you'll be out my way. If it won't be until after the swap, I can see you next month at the swap. Otherwise, you might want to come over on a weekend for a tank view/raid.

John

i will hit you up john..... my wife said she doesnt like the look of the cubes so she talked her dad into moving stuff around to fit both tanks.... they will be going into my 120 so its more than cycled.. i only have 1 blasto so far so i cant really trade yet but i got some chalices and so cool zoas and such that are different

we are moving the tank this weekend so anytime after that im down to come out and take a look

eldiablosrt8 said:
i am looking for some blastos for the new tank....im going to add alot of lps to tank this time around..... hit me up with what you have and if you wanna sell or trade

Merleti or wellsi or does it matter?

Merleti tend to do much better then wellsi. In fact, freshly imported wellsi have a horrid track record, even ones that have been in captivity a long time can still have issues. Merleti are easy to grow IME. Wellsi tend to have the most attractive coloration though.

eldiablosrt8 said:
most of what people have to trade are merletti, i had some nice wellsi red/blueish green and they just disapearred and dies over night,LOL

Most I see people trading are wellsi. There are not a ton of color morphs for merletti and wellsi are far more desirable.

@Screebo.... wellsi are the large polyp blastos that encrust. The merletti are the ones that have a smaller polyp and grow kinda of like a duncan, they branch out.

blastomussa1.jpg

Blastomussa wellsi

aae.jpg

Blastomussa merletti

That is not the best merletti pic but it shows how they grow.

eldiablosrt8 said:
are the merletti the smaller ones i have a cool red one now but its about the size of a nickel perhead

Yes, merletti are the smaller ones :D

Back