LF fish trap for tail spot blenny

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by yardartist, Dec 1, 2010.

1. phishphood

phishphood Guest

What're you planning to do with him Richard? (sorta on the lookout for one)

2. yardartist

yardartist Guest

Someone else has first dibs. Great little fish if you like more human personality.

3. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

I agree Richard. TSB are awesome if they are playing well with your coral. Mine is a model citizen :-D

4. yardartist

yardartist Guest

I like to hand feed coral and he knows where dinner is served now. Looks like he swallowed a jelly bean at times.

5. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Hand feed as stick your hand int he tank every night?

6. yardartist

yardartist Guest

My hand is in alot, but not feeding every day. Feeding once a week mostly with turkey baster and tongs, but my hand is in the water to reach.

I also go in after asterina stars once or twice a week. Daily it seems I am wiping off my hand, forearm.

Part of the reason I was looking for a more shallow tank.

7. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Do you wear gloves? Just wondering not so much for you getting harmed (although that is a concern) but more so for tank stability. IME the more I put my hands in the tank, the less my skimmer works and I seem to ahve more issues with my tank. When I went to use long hemostats to get into my tank to pull stuff, I saw a marked improvement.

I have a long spot feeding device the company was looking for feedback on. Wanna give it a whirl? I have two sizes, one for liquid products and one for mysis size products. They have like a 20" reach. Just send me your shipping info and which one you want, if you do want one :)

8. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

I'm so confused. I read the first page, then skipped to the middle... wow (pun intended)

9. zambavi

zambavi Guest

uh... it wasn't my fault?

10. yardartist

yardartist Guest

I made an extension for the turkey baster, but it does not bend around like my hand does and it is more than 20 inches. Doesn't get used much. I would give you feed back on your design. Thanks.

I will also look for gloves that are easy on and off for reuse. I sometimes need fine grasp, but mostly it is closing tongs, or pressing a bulb so heavy gloves would do. With a little stick growth now I have to be much more careful in the tank. Knocking off frags or entire minis is too easy.

Does WOW practice decrease your likelihood to break coral when you are in the tank? Improved hand to eye coordination? :)

11. zambavi

zambavi Guest

LOL... for certain. With WoW practice once you stick your hand in your tank all of your corals start to grow rapidly, all pest die from fear of you and free beer kegs appear right next to your tank for easy access.

12. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

It's not my design, some one sent them to us for feed back. Couple issues for me though, I don't spot feed and my tank is 12" deep :lol:

I'm with you on gloves. I have yet to find gloves I truly like AND are functional in my tank.

13. zambavi

zambavi Guest

I still like my box of non-powdered latex medical gloves with a bag of rubberbands. Use and toss...

14. yardartist

yardartist Guest

Baited the 20 hook with mysis and it got him second try. The little guy is very stressed as he put on his dragon colors instantly. Too dark to see if he is hurt at all. Thanks for the suggestion Gresham.

The packet contains 25 hooks so I'll be passing them out on Saturday.

15. anathema

anathema Guest

I also took my pliers I used to smash down the barb to totally rebend the hook when I did this. You can usually straighten them out and make a much smaller bend using only the end of the hook. Make sure you didn't snap off the sharp tip, otherwise it's more challenging to get them hooked.

If you break a few, oh well, they come in multipacks.

16. yardartist

yardartist Guest

They sold barbless! Not gold so I baited the hook. I have tiny pliers I could grab the hook with and then I slid the blenny off. To its new home in the morning.