LF/Group Buy: Cope/Amphipods?

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by Nav, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Nav

Nav Director of Marketing & Photography

My last copepod order from ReefCleaners for some reason didn't seed a lot... I see very few super tiny copepods on my glass.

Now planning to seed a large mix of copepods & amphipods (planning for a mandarin in the long term, and a secondary food source for my current diamond goby).

Any suggestions on sites with free shipping? Or anyone else planning to buy that we can share a group order?

2. neuro

neuro Webmaster

don't you need to specifically setup a system for seeding/breeding pods? i don't know myself, curious.

3. Nav

I thought a refugium is all u need... My fuge has very little cheato.

4. rygh

rygh Supporting Member

Bet bet is a group order here to get enough for free shipping:
    http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=2190+3058&pcatid=3058
    I would likely be interested.

I have heard some people create a small custom fuge ABOVE the main tank.
    You pump water up, and it gently overflows back, so the main pumps do not kill the pods.
    Also heard that putting a piece of shrimp under a small pile of rubble really helps grow them.

5. bluprntguy

bluprntguy Webmaster

Your wrasse is probably eating your copepods. I wouldn't suggest a wrasse and dragonet in a small tank, the wrasse will out-compete the dragonet.

I have a gallon jug of chaeto that's apparently been breeding copepods like mad for the last year or so while I ignored it. I can give you a bag at the next meeting.

6. Nav

Yea my yellow wrasse always picks stuff out of the rock and glass (sure he's hunting down pods).

Didn't know wrasse and mandarin is a bad pair :(

I'd love to get a bag to seed my tank, thanks :) either the next meeting or I'll PM you sometime when I'm in the city...