LF: Powder blue tang

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by dzhuo, Apr 10, 2011.

1. dzhuo

dzhuo Guest

Does anyone know where I can find a powder blue tang locally in or near SF?

2. xcaret

xcaret Supporting Member

I'd say check with Chris at AC

3. Gonzo

Gonzo Guest

Ask Steve at Lucky Ocean. He'll shoot ya straight.

4. dzhuo

dzhuo Guest

Just checked with AC, no luck. Where is Lucky Ocean? Is that in Oakland but now closed?

5. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Balboa and 2nd ave in sf. Lucky goldfish was in oakland

6. Gonzo

Gonzo Guest

Yea, what Mike said.

7. dzhuo

dzhuo Guest

Is there a phone number I can call?

8. Gonzo

Gonzo Guest

Google:
    97 reviews - Place page
    maps.google.com - 109 Balboa Street, San Francisco - (415) 668-3676

9. iCon

iCon Supporting Member

Can you pick it up for me as well? :D

10. JRocha

JRocha Supporting Member

hate to say it but 6th ave might have some. I got my Achilles tang from them about 9 months ago and knock on wood he is still alive and has not had ich from day 1. just look for the fattest and healthiest looking one. good luck.

11. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

12. JRocha

JRocha Supporting Member

If you can QT do it, but I don't have any room for a QT so I just dropped the achilles in and he was a trooper from day 1.

13. anathema

anathema Supporting Member

In that case it might be worth your time to haunt their Sunday morning in bag sale. I hate the idea but it's better than buying one that's been in their tanks a while and not quarantining.

14. dzhuo

dzhuo Guest

Thx everyone! I checked AC and Lucky Ocean but they don't have it. In fact, the owner of Lucky Ocean told me he's having a hard time getting powder blue and he's not sure why the shortage (apparently). I did find one in 6th avenue and although it looks skinny, it appears to be healthy. 3 days after getting into my tank, it developed a very minor paravortex but still eats fine and swims actively. The paravortex is now gone but the fish is still a little skinny (still active and eats fine). Hopefully he will continue to improve.

15. Kensington Reefer

Kensington Reefer Supporting Member

it eats...but does it poop?
    sounds to me like cyanide poisoning.
    I hope I'm wrong and it gets nice and fat.
    good luck

16. rygh

rygh Supporting Member

FYI: I saw one at Atlantis Aquarium on Sunday.

17. dzhuo

dzhuo Guest

It's still a tang so yes it does eat and poop. :) But until it gains more weight and have better coloration, I am keeping a close eye on it. It's always going to be risky getting fish from 6th avenue.

18. Kensington Reefer

Kensington Reefer Supporting Member

good luck and keep us posted ,)

19. JRocha

JRocha Supporting Member

Yes it is a hit or miss with them. My achilles was in their tank for 3 weeks and was hella fat and only 90 dollars. Honestly their stuff isn't the best but they do get some random stuff in and its always cheap.

20. tuberider

tuberider Guest

"BAR seeks to promote, foster and encourage education and appreciation for the ethical husbandry and propagation of marine life"

Sorry man, but bag sales are not ethical and are not supported by this club. Please do not support the practice of bag sales.

There are no symptoms of cyanide poisoning that are distinguishable from other maladies, sorry.