LF tank, ~55-75 gal

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by Fish Boss, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Fish Boss

Fish Boss Guest

So my brother wants to get into reefing, so I'm looking for a nice starter tank for him. Doesn't have to be anything fancy, can be glass or acrylic. Let me know if you guys have anything laying around

2. xcaret

xcaret Supporting Member

Hmmmm

3. Gablami

Gablami Supporting Member

Gonna have a 67g rimless star fire with stand ready in a month or so, with return pump and lid. It will be cycled and will include rocks if you want. Completely pest free. Just using it as a holding tank for fallow period. $350.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fish Boss likes this.
  4. Fish Boss

Fish Boss Guest

That's clean gablami! So what would be included with the tank?

5. Vhuang168

Vhuang168 Supporting Member

I think I asked this before, is it 3' or 4'?

6. Gablami

Basically what I listed. There's a 20g sump without dividers. There's a vertex filter sock holder that I can include. I've got other stuff running on it, like a bubble magus curve 5, an mp40, neotherm heater and A80 light, but not planning on selling that equipment.

7. ashburn2k

ashburn2k Supporting Member

I have a 55g glass, with sump and plumbing ready. But the glass itself has scratches inside, and the stand is pretty old

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  8. Gablami

It's a 4 footer

9. Fish Boss

Fish Boss Guest

So the tank would include: tank, stand, sump, return pump, and rock for $350?

10. Gablami

Plus lid. There's about 50lb of rock in there. It is a durso drain. And there is one scratch on the front panel. Feel free to stop by for a visit while it's running so you can check it out.

11. Fish Boss

Fish Boss Guest

Nice! I think that this going to be the one!

12. gabloo

gabloo Supporting Member

What is inside blue basket? pvc? Are you using those as filtration? Super clean setup.

13. Gablami

Great! I bought it about 6 weeks ago for $350, fixed the plumbing, bought the rock and the filter sock holder. I thought I got a great deal to begin with, and I think you're getting an even better one!

My fallow period is over 10/21 but I'm not gonna reintroduce all the fish back at once. Might be a couple weeks after that until it's ready to move. But since it's already cycled, that saves a bunch of time.

14. Gablami

Got a marine pure block and 5 liters of siporax. Keeping my nitrates lower, given no other export right now besides skimmer.

15. Fish Boss

Fish Boss Guest

@Gablami, is the stand in the second picture the stand that comes with the tank?

16. Gablami

Yes, it has a lip of about 1.5-2 inches around the tank itself. It was a custom built tank with custom stand (so I was told).