High Tide Aquatics

LFS tour for July

Who's going on the LFS tour

• Yes

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
Peter and I had fun (as usual) and tried to give each of the stops a little business. Picked up a couple of small coral frags, glue, salt and r/o water, some snails, a sea cucumber, a Mandarin (which we are really hoping is a female) and Peter just had to buy a Mantis Shrimp, which means that after we got home he had to run out and get a new tank just for him. It's only a 2.5 gallon but I still think this puts us at 8 tanks:eek:

Peter and I had fun (as usual) and tried to give each of the stops a little business. Picked up a couple of small coral frags, glue, salt and r/o water, some snails, a sea cucumber, a Mandarin (which we are really hoping is a female) and Peter just had to buy a Mantis Shrimp, which means that after we got home he had to run out and get a new tank just for him. It's only a 2.5 gallon but I still think this puts us at 8 tanks:eek:

Tell Peter we need to see video. A Mantis has the worlds fastest punch. Here's a quote from National Geographic.

World's Deadliest: Shrimp packs a punch.
The club of a mantis shrimp can easily break quarter-inch glass, and the shell of a crab. The mantis stores energy in its arm. It works like a spring-loaded mechanism. When the energy is released, the mantis smashes its prey with the force of a 22-caliber bullet.

It was great to meet some of our new members, too. I had a good time in spite of the weather. When I returned home the temp in my greenhouse was over 102. Not good for orchids. BTW, I have posted a new thread in General Club business about having a BOD meeting.

Tell Peter we need to see video. A Mantis has the worlds fastest punch. Here's a quote from National Geographic.

World's Deadliest: Shrimp packs a punch.
The club of a mantis shrimp can easily break quarter-inch glass, and the shell of a crab. The mantis stores energy in its arm. It works like a spring-loaded mechanism. When the energy is released, the mantis smashes its prey with the force of a 22-caliber bullet.

After much consideration, I've decided to make him "BUBBA GUMP". Some of you will get this.

Here's a vid of me feeding it. It's funny, the guy that worked at the fish store had it so long that he started hand feeding it. Now it will only eat the krill if I hold it right in front of its hole.

I figured out that sometimes he isn't hungry. And if, after this you think I'm putting my hand anywhere near it, you've got another thing coming. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JVU
Back