Our mission

Lifespan of Scooter Blenny

Unfortunately I found the body of my scooter blenny lifeless this morning. RIP :( Which makes me wonder, what is their lifespan, or more to the point, do we have an idea of their lifespan in captivity? How long have other people had their scooter blenny/ dragonets live? I'm trying to figure out if his life ran its course or if something I did killed him.

Additional info: I've had him for 3 years, since he was a juvenile, and he appeared to always be doing great, floating around hunting pods. I haven't introduced any new fish so he's had no competition. The only change I can think of that could've caused his death is I've treated the tank with flatworm exit 4x over the past 6 months, and 2 times with *I* for redbugs over the past month. I still see pods scurrying around in the 'fuge, but maybe either treatment did some damage to the pod population and he starved, which I doubt since he never showed any weight loss, but it's still a possibility. As a side note, I also had a turbo die, but all else appears normal.

Back