Reef nutrition

Light rack

Hi

I am thinking to make or have someone make a light rack from aluminium. I have seen some of those in RC. I am not a handyman at all. Is it something that easy to built? Is there any place/company that can make this light rack?

Roy

YOU can build one using a drill, rivet gun and angle aluminum from HD. Very easy to make.

For mine I am having a friends co-worker weld some SS tubing for mine, but mine is going to be used with a track actuator to lift and lower it so I'm going for greater strength.

www.8020.net

best stuff ever. I wish I cold build my entire stand/canopy out of it and skin it with some nice veneer panels :)

8020 looks nice, I will study that one. Anybody here using it already. I would love to see it in person.
Maybe even get some help in building it ... :)

It's uber pricy.

I know dozens that use it but no one locally that I know of. Hmm wait, there was a thread on here recently re: it. do a search.

It is used A LOT in labs. I built several things out of it at the University and at the lab I'm in now. Extremely nice stuff. Pricey though. One cool thing is that it is sorta modular. You can build for a 4 ft tank for example, and with only a partial change of parts, you can change the depth to whatever you want :-D

I'm highly tempted to use it for a stand/light setup.

Oh wait, didn't Ian just use this for his latest project?

Live Aquaria and several other companies use it on their trade show aquarium set-ups.

I've built an aluminum light rack, problem you have to remember though is to make EVERYTHING out of aluminum, the rivots, screws, everything. No stainless, otherwise you'll get rusty parts.

doh. forgot about the electrochemistry part.

I guess that means you shouldn't get anything wet!

You can get all the hardware at 8020 in Al except scews. You can get those in Al at McMaster though.

Back